• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: GPO not at local retail reseller

Share/Bookmark

OT: GPO not at local retail reseller

I can't seem to find GPO at my local reseller: B&H Photo. I only mention because:
    1. They sell Sibelius/Finale versions of same. but not the general GPO, and 2. It's a HUGE retailer. Mostly for visual stuff, but it seems like a good idea to have a retail presence there (of course, my reasons are somewhat selfish: I'd like to buy it locally because it's hard for me to get home deliveries).

Just asking.

Thanks!

Re: OT: GPO not at local retail reseller

Nothing strange about this. I can't get it from my local shop either. They have almost everything, from Band-in-a-Box till Sonar and Sibelius. But no way, they want to get involved in selling GPO. I asked this and got that same nasty answer. Don't know why. Conclusion: I only buy things online in the US and skip those hardheaded Europeans.

Raymond
    [from The Hague-Europe!!!]

Unhappy Re: OT: GPO not at local retail reseller

Well. . . I do a fair amount of shopping at B&H Photo via the internet. I think that they are a WONDERFUL store for both audio and video products. I'm surprised that they don't have it there.

BUT NO WORRY. . . .

Sam Ash has it! Obviously you either live or shop in NYC. Just take a walk over to the Sam Ash store. Another option, if purchasing direct from Sam Ash store (I think it's located around 48th Street) isn't possible, you can purchase GPO (and other fine products) via the internet-based Sam Ash store. If you don't like Sam Ash, try Sweetwater. They sell GPO through their web-based store as well.

But. . . maybe, someday, B & H Photo will carry GPO. . .

Happy shopping.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Well. . . I do a fair amount of shopping at B&H Photo via the internet. I think that they are a WONDERFUL store for both audio and video products. I'm surprised that they don't have it there.

BUT NO WORRY. . . .

Sam Ash has it! Obviously you either live or shop in NYC. Just take a walk over to the Sam Ash store. Another option, if purchasing direct from Sam Ash store (I think it's located around 48th Street) isn't possible, you can purchase GPO (and other fine products) via the internet-based Sam Ash store. If you don't like Sam Ash, try Sweetwater. They sell GPO through their web-based store as well.

But. . . maybe, someday, B & H Photo will carry GPO. . .

Happy shopping.

Ted
    Wow, thanks a ton for the heads up! I used to shop at Sweetwater, but I've run into 'home delivery' problems...therefor the need for physical reality, dude.

Sam Ash it is...I love B&H myself (as a photographic artist) but I love SAsh too...I bought my guitar there.

Cool...also, I was being 'proactive' as it were...I already have GPO, but I'm preparing for the inevitable GPO2 purchase.

Thanks all!

It's available at J&R in NYC.

Here's the location, directions and hours.

http://www.jr.com/information/directions.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    they also give you candy!

i'm easily bought
    Yep! I'm easily bought too! LOL
    Love those Smarties and Tootsie Rolls. . . LOL

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Well, you won't be disappointed with Sam Ash. I have used Sweetwater and Sam Ash, and like them both.

Richard

Between J&R and Sam Ash, I'm sure to find what I need.

Thanks all...your help is very much appreciated!

I still think that every Best Buy should carry it!

Jim

guitar center on 14th has it.... i think.
    (i hate sam ash) prolly cuz i hate times square, yo.\

Go Back to forum