• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stopping by to say "Hi"

Share/Bookmark

Stopping by to say "Hi"

I’m just stopping by to say “Hi” and that I am still alive. It’s been well over a month since I last posted here. I’ve been extremely busy at work and home and just haven’t had much time.

On the plus side, I have also been busy composing. This may sound strange, but when I am actually busy composing, particularly when I am busy in other parts of my life, I have no time for anything else and I can’t listen to any other music. When I compose my usual short pieces it doesn’t interfere much, but if I want to do something a little bigger, being a very slow composer…. well, it may be October before you see a lot of posts from me.

Anyway, I still take a few minutes at work every day to take a look around at what is happening here, but, since I can’t post (or listen) from work, it is only lurking.

I hope to get back to my normal level of participation here, but, as I said, it may be a while….
    Trent P. McDonald

Re: Stopping by to say "Hi"

OK, you said so yourself. Hi, too you. We sell "time-management-systems".

Raymond

Hi Trent,

Good to see you again, here, among friends. Glad you have been busy composing and hope things are going very well.

Looking forward to seeing more of you and hearing new works from you.

All our best,

Gary

Hi Raymond - I think a time management system might help - if I could find the time to use it....

Hi Gary - Things are actually going very well - I'd rather be too busy to turn on my internet computer than not having enough to do. Unless I decide to write a couple of Preludes (very possible) it will be at least a couple of months before I finish my current project. In the mean time I'll try to participate a little more here.
    Trent P. McDonald

Hi Trent!

I've been scarce myself lately. I too often have a hard time listening to other music when I am composing intently; I am not sure why this is true for me.

Glad to hear from you!

Karen

Trent,

I feel a little relieved that I am not the only one to have been completely overwhelmed by work, that I have been neglecting to participate more here on the forum....... You are not the only one, it seems....

Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

ditto for me as well.

Damn this "working for a living" thing!

Anyone have a few million $ they'd like to spare.. I'd even take just one million.

...anyone?

~Jeff

Hi Karen, Louis, Jeff and Jon. Yeah, I guess I am not alone in the business department. I work in IT, a profession shared by a few people on this forum, and, well, when we are busy, we are busy. That’s been the last few months….. And at home and, and in the community, etc.

It reminds me of a greeting card we once received:

On the outside it said,
    “Why I work, a short Poem”

On the inside it said,
    “I like to eat
    The End”

So yes, I am in the “waiting for somebody to give me a million or two” club.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum