• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Little Night Music

Share/Bookmark

A Little Night Music

Well, if you are ready for some nightmares, give this piece (first 2 of a four movement work for piano) a listen. It uses only the steinway in the GPO library.

This comes from my "Sturm und Drang" period.

A Little Night Music mm I and mm II

Movement III

Movement IV

comments are always welcomed.

We dream to write and we write to dream!
    Last edited by wrayer; 07-08-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Adding remaining files
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Cool Re: A Little Night Music

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Well, if you are ready for some nightmares, give this piece (first 2 of a four movement work for piano) a listen. It uses only the steinway in the GPO library.

This comes from my "Sturm und Drang" period.

A Little Night Music mm I and mm II

comments are always welcomed.

We dream to write and we write to dream!
    Thanks for this late night Sturming intermezzo, Bill! Sometimes I thought I was watching Hitchcock's "Vertigo"!

Fred

Re: A Little Night Music

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    Thanks for this late night Sturming intermezzo, Bill! Sometimes I thought I was watching Hitchcock's "Vertigo"!

Fred
    Thanks Fred. Didn't mean to scare you, but it is part of my thesis study from my masters degree. Minimal notes and aleatoric development. It certainly implies that mood ('Vertigo').

Thanks for listening.

Challenge #10 Winner

In the first post I have added the remaining two movements. This is the complete A Little Night Music in the first post. Please, no nightmares.

Challenge #10 Winner

Bill

This could be used easily in any number of horror/suspense movies. The Piano does seem to be quite a distance away and just as a thought, it might be neat to walk towards it as the music is playing, and then perhaps a variation of where the piano is as the movements continue. Maybe some hard panning and some large variations in the reverb.

Just a thought, it sounds good as is.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Bill,

Creepy, man! I think you do "Sturm und Drang" really well (which means you are at least a little bit disturbed; an admirable quality in my book! ).

You also handled the rendering just right; great use of varying velocities, reverb, et al. A little different from you, and definitely impressive... Thanks for posting!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Bill,

Creepy, man! I think you do "Sturm und Drang" really well (which means you are at least a little bit disturbed; an admirable quality in my book! ).

You also handled the rendering just right; great use of varying velocities, reverb, et al. A little different from you, and definitely impressive... Thanks for posting!

Danny
    Thanks Dan, I decided to go through my library of works that I did in the past and realize them with all these new tools available. It really is uncanny how 'life-like' they can become!. This piece was deemed too difficult to play. So now, I just give it off the the machine world.

Thanks for listening - even if it was a difficult listen.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Thumbs up Re: A Little Night Music

Rod Serling meets Schoenberg and Webern. You got a great deal of maniacal mood music out of that one piano. With your skills at pedaling, you should be in the Tour d'France. What fun you must have had working on this.

Steve

Thumbs up Re: A Little Night Music

Is this all possible on a piano? WOW!! I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing
    ================================
    = Bluegrass, Irish, Old-Time, Texas-Style =
    ================================
    -> http://www.bluegrassmidisound.eu <-

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Rod Serling meets Schoenberg and Webern. You got a great deal of maniacal mood music out of that one piano. With your skills at pedaling, you should be in the Tour d'France. What fun you must have had working on this.

Steve
    Thanks, Steve. Yes, much use of the pedal creates the harmonics that are audible. It is a fun piece, the glissandos should be scrapings on the wrapped string, but there are no samples for that effect.

Thanks for listening,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast