• Register
  • Help

Topic: Video In Sonar 64

Share/Bookmark

Video In Sonar 64

Anyone using video inside Sonar 64 ? I cannot find any help anywhere regarding what video format to use for scoring film inside Sonar 64 bit.
    Thing is, Sonar released this video where they showcase the benefit of having Sonar 64 on Xp64 with 8 gig RAMS. On the video the film composer used 150 tracks + video inside Sonar.

Quicktime does not work in Sonar 64. Mpeg4 does not work. What format does work ?

Have any one been using Sonar 64 for filmscore work ?

Thanks
    "‘The heights by men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight,
    but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night
    .’ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow."

Re: Video In Sonar 64

I used .avi video in Sonar HS 6 on a 32-bit system. I think .wmv should work also.

--Richard

Hi,

Yes, In Sonar 32bit, most video formats work. Especially Quicktime Mjpeg A.
    But unfortunately Sonar 64 does not support Quicktime, and using AVI, or MPEG is not adequate. To huge file sizes and to much system resources.
    So back to 32bit it is
    "‘The heights by men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight,
    but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night
    .’ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow."

I've had this problem with Sonar 7 64 bit and spoke to tech support about it. They weren't helpful. Basically they said it isn't a problem with Sonar but with the software codec (ie: Quicktime doesn't come in 64 bit so it can't support import into Sonar 64 bit). The problem is sometimes I can get Quicktime to import just fine but then can't get AVI to import - so it must be another problem.

Go Back to forum