• Register
  • Help

Topic: Volume control problem

Share/Bookmark

Volume control problem

Hi All,

I have Steinway Standard, and am using an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 as my controller. I'm using the on-board audio card on my Intel motherboard, which can do 24-bit, 96 KHz. I'm using ASIO 4 All as my driver. Everything is working, except my volume control. I wouldn't care, except that the piano plays too quietly through my headphones. Other sounds that my computer produces play just fine.

I've tried assigning CC7 to a couple different knobs on the keyboard, and that doesn't work. I've tried assigning Volume and Master Volume to a couple different knobs on the keyboard, and that also doesn't work.

I've also tried using the MME sound driver, and that doesn't work.

Any thoughts? I'm very new to MIDI, so I may be missing something basic.

Thanks!

--Jon

Re: Volume control problem

thanks! I'll have to try that.

--Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    Welcome!

What I do to raise the output level, is to increase the "Dry" slider under in the Ambience section of the "Space" Tab. This has been effective for me, and I've not had any adverse affects from doing so.
    Jon
    Could someone from Garritan please comment on Jon's observation? I have had the same question concerning volume (i.e. how to increase), but I am wondering if this is a good solution, or whether it in fact compromises the tone (I may be imagining, but it seems to). Also I am wondering: why, if the Ambience section is switched to OFF, does the dry slider effect anything?

... thanks, by the way, Jon!
    Sibelius, ProTools, Cubase
    on Mac OSX
    + plenty of coffee

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    It doesn't seem to affect the tone to me, and I may be mistaken, but I believe someone incolved in the product (possibly David?) suggested doing the same on the forums.
    That is correct Jon.
    Again the reason for not making the volume louder by default was to allow breathing room for the immense dynamic range of the sounds.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum