• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sforzando in Finale

Share/Bookmark

Sforzando in Finale

How does one go about using a sforzando dynamic in Finale so that playback will be realistic? When I've tried using the one in the expressions, it doesn't appear to have any effect on the playback.

Re: Sforzando in Finale

Dear pgfan92,

I check the 'sfz' expression in my score and it's working.
    Which version of Finale do you use?
    Do you use smartsoft synth, GPOF, FIG or fullGPO ?
    Francois, Montreal
    Francois Harel, Montreal, Canada
    QX9650 3.0 GHz on Asus Maximus Formula, 8Gbytes, many SATA2 drives. XP Pro and Vista x64.
    Finale 2010b, Sonar PE 8.5.2
    KP2 and Kontakt 4, fullGPO, JABB, CoMB, EWQLSO Plat+, EWQLSC
    Edirol UA-1000, M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

I use Finale 2007c, and I use GPOF for the instruments that it provides, and if I need something it doesn't have, I use full GPO. I don't use Smartsynth anymore because it tends to make good music sound like bad music sometimes, especially when Timpani are used.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pgfan92 View Post
    I use Finale 2007c, and I use GPOF for the instruments that it provides, and if I need something it doesn't have, I use full GPO. I don't use Smartsynth anymore because it tends to make good music sound like bad music sometimes, especially when Timpani are used.
    The first rubric: I am assuming you are selecting the 'Notation' version of the instruments, instead of the 'normal' instruments.

As with my fp problem, cited in a different post, I have discovered that everything works fine when I build my music from the wizard or a template using the GPO Finale voices. The trouble starts when I start bringing in GPO Full instruments. Then things begin to go haywire . Several times, I've had to rebuild files, starting with a fresh template and iteratively copying-and-pasting.

My next step will be to avoid conversion to GPO Full voices until my composition is essentially complete using the GPO Finale set....then begin changing voices (saving with a new filename !) or maybe I should try using GPO Studio. I would hate to get out of the Finale sandbox though...

Well...It's working now, I'm not sure why, but it is. I have another problem though, which I will make another thread about.

Go Back to forum