• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Gabriel Faure composed the "Three Romances Without Words" as a work for solo violin and piano. The third movements is a moving work, rather simple, and yet very appealing with an unusual set of tonal transitions. The work seemed to me a natural to transpose for solo low brass, namely euphonium. The piano is from the GPO library and the euphonium is from the CMB library.

    Euphonium Solo
    http://www.garybricault.com/mp3/Faur...s3EuphSolo.mp3

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  2. #2

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    If I'm not mistaken, the Romances were some of Faure's
    student works... but nonetheless beautiful and moving.
    Perhaps you'll do the other two to round out the set,
    Gary?

    Quite lovely!

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  3. #3

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Gary,

    Nice piece - snorlax would probably love it! The continuous vibrato was a bit distracting.

    Best Wishes,
    John

  4. #4

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Gary

    Not too many people would think of substituting a big brass instrument for a little violin, but it sounds like the piece was made for it.

    Well done

    Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

    http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

  5. #5

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorchandler View Post
    Gary,

    Nice piece - snorlax would probably love it! The continuous vibrato was a bit distracting.

    Best Wishes,
    John
    Snorlax indeed enjoys it. Gary, through your adaptations of well-known and lesser-known works for tuba-euph ensemble and solo euph, Snorlax hereby designates you as a FRIEND OF THE EUPHONIUM.

    I have performed an adaptation of Faure's TUSCAN SERENADE with good reaction from audiences. Faure translates well to euphonium.

    Aw, heck...EVERYTHING translates well to euphonium.

    Snor

    NAME THIS TUNE...

    Just Snor, soggy no more
    The water's all out the door
    No clouds are in the sky
    The basement's all but dry
    The flood is ended
    We'll soon be mended...
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

  6. #6
    Senior Member bigears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Hi, This really gets lovely at about the midpoint, and also through the swell to where the piano takes the melody. Very nice, John

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the Romances were some of Faure's
    student works... but nonetheless beautiful and moving.
    Perhaps you'll do the other two to round out the set,
    Gary?

    Quite lovely!

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David,

    Glad that you enjoyed it. Funny you should ask. Wait until you see my next posting.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorchandler View Post
    Gary,

    Nice piece - snorlax would probably love it! The continuous vibrato was a bit distracting.

    Best Wishes,
    John
    Sorry if the vibrato is a little much. I debated whether ot not to include it. But it sounded a little dead without it. But glad you enjoyed it anyhow.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Gary

    Not too many people would think of substituting a big brass instrument for a little violin, but it sounds like the piece was made for it.

    Well done

    Ron
    Ron,

    It seems to be a natural fit. The euphonium I am not sure I would consider to be a big brass instrument. More alone the medium scale size. I did set it also for tuba. Now THERE is a big brass instrument.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Faure - Song Without Words No. 3 for Euphonium using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Snorlax indeed enjoys it. Gary, through your adaptations of well-known and lesser-known works for tuba-euph ensemble and solo euph, Snorlax hereby designates you as a FRIEND OF THE EUPHONIUM.

    I have performed an adaptation of Faure's TUSCAN SERENADE with good reaction from audiences. Faure translates well to euphonium.

    Aw, heck...EVERYTHING translates well to euphonium.

    Snor

    NAME THIS TUNE...

    Just Snor, soggy no more
    The water's all out the door
    No clouds are in the sky
    The basement's all but dry
    The flood is ended
    We'll soon be mended...
    Snorlax,

    So glad that you found it to you liking. I greatfully accept your Friend of the Euphonium designation. Wait until you see my next posting!!

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •