• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Organ .. Not as good as this?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Organ .. Not as good as this?

Quote from the Finale Forums on the announcement of Finale 2009 and bundled Garritan samples:

Me, I can't wait for the new VST support, to see if I can use my Gigastudio library. I'm sure that Mr. Garritan is a very nice person, but I have some GIG samples that leave everything he's released in the dust, and if I can get at those in Finale, the joint is going to really start jumpin'.

You just can't get sounds like these outta Garritan libraries. But I'd have a lot more fun, a lot faster, if I could get them more immediately out of Finale.

Robert
    I use the GPO organ quite a lot and am looking forward to the new Garritan Organ announced at NAMM. I know that, as yet, we can't compare organ samples, but ..
    'GIG samples that leave everything he's released in the dust'
    .. I don't think so.

Like most things a lot of this is down to personal taste and preferences but I think this is an aggressive claim and way off key. What do you think?
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Garritan Organ .. Not as good as this?

Bull!!! He doesn't know how a organ sounds. There are many different.
    If he wants a "Dracula Organ" and not a real one, with a lot of registers, and up to 64 foot pipes, I wish him good luck. But this is completely nonsense.

BTW, with a bit of tweaking he can get it from the Garritan Organ as well, just introduce a pitch changer in the sequencer.

Raymond

Is he aware there is a dedicated Organ Collection in the "werks" ?

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    Not gonna lie - this was my thought process after reading your post:

"huh? that's not how you spell works".

<Pause>

"Ohhhhhhh"

where's the beating-head-against-the-wall-smiley?!

I know, I deserve to be shot.

Lightbulb Re: Garritan Organ .. Not as good as this?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Bull!!! He doesn't know how a organ sounds. There are many different.
    If he wants a "Dracula Organ" and not a real one, with a lot of registers, and up to 64 foot pipes, I wish him good luck. But this is completely nonsense.

BTW, with a bit of tweaking he can get it from the Garritan Organ as well, just introduce a pitch changer in the sequencer.

Raymond
    This is probably the sound that he's looking for:

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Nice picture. Now, just flush this seismic Dracula Organ........

Raymond

You guys are mean!

Quote Originally Posted by el-russo View Post
    You guys are mean!
    No, realists The original message quoting somebody who really didn't want getting involved with Garritan sounds was just bogus. It is a question of taste and realism. I can buy a sample library way above my budget (I've seen somewhere a symphonic lib for more than $6000). Just the same as with cameras. I've seen photo cameras for more than I ever earned in my life, but also those disposable ones for only the price of a hamburger.

It is not the camera that makes the photo. It is the owner. The same with sample libs. The originator of this message will never, really never, make a decent realistic rendering. So, flush this guy. And then I don't mean a Royal Flush (poker?).

http://www.impawards.com/2006/posters/flushed_away.jpg

Raymond
    [the same guy as Raymond65]

Go Back to forum