• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help, please! (play order parts in cubase)

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Help, please! (play order parts in cubase)

I did 5 arranger chains on an instrumental last night to give me a variety of edit lengths. When I play these, their play orders and lengths are all correct. However, when I mix them down, the resultant files are identical (i.e. they are the original play order and length, as though I didn't have Arranger activated).

I don’t see mention in the manual of "having" to flatten the play order to enable correct mix-down. This would mean I’d have to have 6 copies of the file: the original plus the five flattened versions. Is this correct?

Barb

Re: Help, please! (play order parts in cubase)

Okay, I flattened the play order (but the arranger track did not disappear). According to my screen in Time Code, the track should be a squeak over 2 minutes. However, a mixdown gives me a file that's over 3 minutes (the original, full length).

Is anyone else running into this problem? Any suggestions? How can I do 0:30, 0:60 and 1:00 edits for sound libraries if this doesn't work?

Barb

Okay, this is getting curiouser and curiouser. I flattened the play order (but the arranger track did not disappear, as the manual says it will). According to my screen in Time Code, the track should be a squeak over 2 minutes. A mixdown gives me a file that's over 3 minutes (the original, full length). HOWEVER, the actual music in the mixdown is the 2-minute edit—with blank space for the remainder of the 3:30 track! So it would appear that Cubase is doing part of what it’s supposed to do—i.e. flattening and following the play order—but it’s still forcing the file to be the length of the original.

I guess I’ll just have to import the mix downs, trim the blank space at the end, and mix down again to make my 0:30, 0:60 and 1:00 edits. (I don’t see any mention of having to change any settings in order to avoid that blank space at the end.)

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

Barb

Okay...I'm totally embarrassed. I simply neglected to reset my right locator for the shorter edit!

All is well now.

Go Back to forum