• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Comments Please

Share/Bookmark

Comments Please

I have just finished this version out of many. I had cut it short. Comments please. Anything you would change? The piece is called Heavens Apart. Many thanks in advance. Best Joseph
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Re: Comments Please

I cant find it? do I need to log in? or am I just not looking carefully enough?

Well, it should never be about what one would change because it's YOUR piece. What is in question is overall quality, in melody and mix.The piece is pretty, there's a little muddyness in the low end from my KRKs but it could be a poor quality mp3, can't recall what format it was in.

What libraries did you use for it?
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDavis View Post
    I cant find it? do I need to log in? or am I just not looking carefully enough?
    Hi Alex, I changed the link now. It goes right to my page. Hope you can take a listen. Its called Heavens apart..Best, Joseph

[quote=Chalfant;579063]Well, it should never be about what one would change because it's YOUR piece. What is in question is overall quality, in melody and mix.The piece is pretty, there's a little muddyness in the low end from my KRKs but it could be a poor quality mp3, can't recall what format it was in.

What libraries did you use for it?[/quote.

Chalfant, many thanks for the listen and the comments. I also find since I put the mp3 up it took away the quality. I used the Apps Strings, Vibrato, and Strong vibrato, The vocals are from the new Bela D, which I am still in the learning stage, as with the rest of the piece. I thank you very much for the time to listen and comment. I will work on the mp3 also. Best, Joseph

I’m known to be funny/odd like this... I love the strings and the melody but do not care for the voice. That will help sales, huh?

I think your use of the Tenor needs to be less for this track. Less is more. Think like a vocalists and allow him to breathe some. Give distance between cues. Damn! I just thought of something … I forgot to add breath samples! Look for an update!!

Back to the string melody – very nice! It has that Randy Edelman feel going.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    I’m known to be funny/odd like this... I love the strings and the melody but do not care for the voice. That will help sales, huh?

I think your use of the Tenor needs to be less for this track. Less is more. Think like a vocalists and allow him to breathe some. Give distance between cues. Damn! I just thought of something … I forgot to add breath samples! Look for an update!!

Back to the string melody – very nice! It has that Randy Edelman feel going.
    Thank you, I never thought it about, until I read your comment, give the vocalist time to breath. Ill need a few days to get it right. But I have to admit the Tenor does sound darn good. Hope you do not have to eat bread and peanut butter for weeks to come because of my demo? Also it meant a lot to me you took the time to comment. I will make it right. Also thanks for the compliment on the strings.. Best, Joseph

Hey,

I just wanted to make sure you got my joke! When I said, "That should increase sales", I meant the fact that the products creator was saying he didn't dig the voice. That was a joke on me and not your demo.

F
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media View Post
    Hey,

I just wanted to make sure you got my joke! When I said, "That should increase sales", I meant the fact that the products creator was saying he didn't dig the voice. That was a joke on me and not your demo.

F
    Yes I did get. And I am still laughing about your reply. Now you got me listening to my Andrew Bocelli CDs. My daughters went running out of the house, with my wife also. There famous reply, here we go again. Tried to explain to them I just trying to learn. Kids.......Go figure. I am enjoying the peace though... Need to pull them out more often. Best, Joseph

Brought tears to my eyes. Nice composition!

I like the tenor singing, but I think it would be more effective if there were rests in the singing, maybe even a few measures of space to add more air to the composition. It'd also be great if there was tenor throughout the entire piece.

Go Back to forum