• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rommie's Departure

Rommie's Departure

Here's another piece for the week.

Track Title: Rommie's Departure

I used EWQLSO, GPO, Softsynth Choir Aaahs.

Rolifer, I did what you suggested to me by combining GPO with EWQLSO.

Best Regards,

Re: Rommie's Departure

EWQl makes a nice library and is fun to use. I just think that GPO is a bit more versatile than any of EW products.

Which Piano is this? I have found that I like the GPO Piano much better than the ewql one, which always sounds a bit boring to me.

On the piece itself, it sounds like it could easily be part of a soundtrack and tells a story on its own as well.

Well done

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Absolutely beautiful job on this, David -- writing,
    rendering, conducting... across the board.

I've listened to a number of your pieces by now,
    and am much impressed with both the thinking
    in the writing and the polish of it.

Well done!

All my best,

David Sosnowski

Vancouver, BC

A very well written and professionally finished work - a real pleasure to listen to.

Well done.

A strong, well-written composition. Delicate in parts and
    forceful in others. To be specific, I felt the "grandeur" of
    the Far East in this epic piece.

Loved the rendering also.

BRAVO, David Fang

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Very solid, great use of orchestra and I agree with the others; the rendering is both fully believable and appropriate. I found myself imagining context, based on what little I know of the show. I can totally see a moment there as the music swells, of Dylan throwing the departing Rommie a salute. She is, after all, also a Confed Warship, and the music seems to describe the grandeur and glorious past of that long-gone Navy. And then of course it drops back, because we are more than anything else bidding goodbye to a friend.

Only possible critique I might have is that the timp at the end sound a little "crunchy." I think the sound of a hard stick at FFF is not a subtle sound and is best saved for very rare occaisions.

Very epical indeed! The Tale of Tulsa Doom or something similar!

Makes me associate with Conan the Barbarian! I think of the beginning of the movie when Conan has just escaped from the wolves and he meets the god Crom! (But, that's my personal refection!)

Thanks for sharing this well orchestrated piece!

Go Back to forum