• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: <<<< Chromatically Yours >>>>

Smile <<<< Chromatically Yours >>>>

Hello everyone,

This project was started months back. I had a difficulty in choosing the instruments and the more I tried the more confused and frustrated I became…
    Then the Steinway arrived, and it was put shamelessly aside…

It turned out for the best, as after I satisfied my first ‘hunger’ for the Steinway, I suddenly felt like returning to it, and this time it worked!

The name popped up at the first stages of composing. It felt right and stayed.

So here, for you to hear and hopefully enjoy, is:

Re: <<<< Chromatically Yours >>>>

That is lovely, Miss Yudit! I enjoyed it very much. I especially liked your piano/harp combination. Your lyric flute was well done.

Thanks for posting your beautiful music.

Larry G. Alexander

Toronto, Canada

Lovely. Your melodies are truly chromatic, yet very natural and carefully wrought. The middle section provides a nice contrast, and yet continues the mood.

Very pleasant listening. I also think the title is very appropriate, and conveys the essence of the music.

very cool Yudit!

A refreshing listen, Yudit.

The instrumentation jells and the piano interlude
    is an extra treat. Written in a minor key, one would
    expect sadness, but this exudes a melancholy joy.
    Maybe it's the motion produced by the chromatic
    architecture. Either way, very beautiful.

BRAVO, Yudit
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Central Illinois

Yudit, Very nice work on this piece. The flute sounds really great and conveys the beautiful melody with just the right touch. The little interlude sets up the return of the ensemble. You really have a good handle on the use of chromaticism (IMHO), creating some interest but still maintaining a beautiful and memorable melody. Thank you for sharing this one! John

Larry called you Miss Yudit. Is that correct? You are the first person I have ever heard called Yudit, so I have no idea what the name means or its usual gender.

Not that it matters, it is just my curiousity peeking thru.

The instruments chosen fit well together and bring a nice texture to the music.

Often times I view Chromaticism as the dangerous monster that lives inside of composers, but lately have dicided that it is not so dangerous, but of course it is still a monster.

Well done

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Thumbs up Re: <<<< Chromatically Yours >>>>

GORGEOUS woodwind writing! This is evocative of some of the best impressionist composers' works with a very romantic flavoring. The Steinway piano just adds beautifully with a perfect nuance to your piece. All the right choices, orchestration-wise and compositionally. I'm impressed!

Hi, Yudit!

This is so cool! It's like a fusion of jazz and classical...so soothing.

Just a comment on the mix: the harp's stereo spread is too wide for me. I felt like I was enveloped by the harp sound rather than listening to it from a distance along with the other players.

Otherwise, perfect!

This is a gorgeous little piece. It is beautifully written and the instrumentation is perfect for this piece. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast