"Contemplating Mortality".

It is all-strings and all-GPO.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Contemplating Mortality"

Hi Larry,

Whatever circumstance leads us all at some point to be contemplating mortality, it is no less impressive to see what doing so brings forth from someone with such talent as yours creatively and musically. This one is obviously quite melodramatic in nature, but still full of the musicianship so evident in everything you do. I especially enjoyed the chromaticism of the phrases about two-thirds through, a geat contrast to the basically diatonic structure up to that point.

A message and mood well-conveyed, Larry. Really nice job with the rendering as well -- the Garritan strings certainly sing and shine in your capable hands.

Danny

Cool Re: "Contemplating Mortality"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Y'all,

Here is my just-completed, rather somber, macabre, grim reaper work,
    "Contemplating Mortality".

It is all-strings and all-GPO.

Regards,

Larry
    Hi Larry,

Thanks for this sincere musical moment! The music sometimes made me associate with Hungary... the pizzicati passages were well placed!

Regards,

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hi Larry,

Whatever circumstance leads us all at some point to be contemplating mortality, it is no less impressive to see what doing so brings forth from someone with such talent as yours creatively and musically. This one is obviously quite melodramatic in nature, but still full of the musicianship so evident in everything you do. I especially enjoyed the chromaticism of the phrases about two-thirds through, a geat contrast to the basically diatonic structure up to that point.

A message and mood well-conveyed, Larry. Really nice job with the rendering as well -- the Garritan strings certainly sing and shine in your capable hands.

Danny
    My goodness. I am overwhelmed by your words, Mr. Danny! Thanks very much for the good review. It is so uplifting that I will discontinue contemplating mortality.

My best to you.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    Hi Larry,

Thanks for this sincere musical moment! The music sometimes made me associate with Hungary... the pizzicati passages were well placed!

Regards,

Fred
    Hmmmm. Maybe I was a Hungarian in a former life.

Thank you for listening and commenting.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry, Another very listenable creation. While you're contemplating mortality, maybe you should contemplate leaving your brain to musical science, so the world can learn what leads to such a magnificent and bountiful outpouring of music! Do you go around whistling or singing all day? John

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Larry, Another very listenable creation. While you're contemplating mortality, maybe you should contemplate leaving your brain to musical science, so the world can learn what leads to such a magnificent and bountiful outpouring of music! Do you go around whistling or singing all day? John
    Doctors did a scan of my skull but they didn't find anything so I don't have anything to leave to musical science.

I have musical thoughts all of the time. It's enough to drive me nuttier.

Glad you liked this one, Mr. John. Thanks very much.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry:
    I think you should go back to a school that teaches you how to pick more appropriate names and titles for your pieces. This one is full of life, adventure and promise. I believe, especially in your case, that a better title would be "Comtemplating Morality!" One of my goals in life is to be able to get the great sounds you produce, in the meantime, I won't be able to sleep tonight because I'm still waiting for that last chord to resolve. AAAARRGGH!!!!!!!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    I think you should go back to a school that teaches you how to pick more appropriate names and titles for your pieces. This one is full of life, adventure and promise. I believe, especially in your case, that a better title would be "Comtemplating Morality!" One of my goals in life is to be able to get the great sounds you produce, in the meantime, I won't be able to sleep tonight because I'm still waiting for that last chord to resolve. AAAARRGGH!!!!!!!

Steve
    Titles schmitles.

Mr. Steve...you old flatterer. You can still write circles around me any day of the week.

That last chord was written just for you.

Thanks for listening.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Even when your music is somber and grim it still has a positive spirit to it.

An enjoyable piece even when contemplating the inevitable.

I was almost hit by a speeding truck while crossing the street in a crosswalk a while back. His rear view mirror hit my shoulder and the tire grazed my foot. It makes you think.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast