• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Song for my wife

Share/Bookmark

A Song for my wife

My wife is turning 60 this week and she is having a tough time with the concept of a 5 becoming a 6 - argh those decades do fly. So I wrote her this sonf to cheer her up.

The mp3 file can be heard here: Terri Too

and for those that would like to see the words I wrote, they can be found here:

Lead Sheet for Terri Too

It's a pop tune that was just 'fun' to write.
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: A Song for my wife

Nice song. And tell your wife that this side of the numbers is just the best.
    Life matured, contemplating all good memories and waiting for those nice things to come. All in one package, up to the 100. And wish her all the best there is.

Raymond

Bill

This year I had a 4 change to a 5 and found that difficult to understand. It was just last week or so that I was a teenager...so how the hell could I be 50?

5 changing to a 6 must be harder. But at least she is not alone to ponder on these things. I am sure it means a lot to her that you are around to help smooth out the bumps in the road of life.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Hi Bill,

Nice melody, nice changes, and a very romantic, caring gesture. I'm not quite to the dreaded "6" number yet, but I understand the baffling feeling of disappearing time... and the need for a little morale boost. No doubt, this did the trick.

Danny

Cool Re: A Song for my wife

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    My wife is turning 60 this week and she is having a tough time with the concept of a 5 becoming a 6 - argh those decades do fly. So I wrote her this sonf to cheer her up.

The mp3 file can be heard here: Terri Too

and for those that would like to see the words I wrote, they can be found here:

Lead Sheet for Terri Too

It's a pop tune that was just 'fun' to write.
    Hi Bill,

It gives me the cool "MASH" feeling! I and my wife enjoyed it very much!

Let me emphasize that I don't mean that it has material from the known tv series, it's just a spontanious reaction while hearing your music!

Regards,

Fred

Thumbs up Re: A Song for my wife

Bill:

Your wife must really be a "hip" sixty year old because that is a "cool" tune.
    I bet a big smile came to her when she heard it.
    As for Ron and Danny, they get no sympathy from me as I've got shorts that are older than either of them.
    So much to learn and so little time!
    Steve

What a wonderful birthday present. It sounds like you're both lucky to have each other at this special time in life. I'm sure the best is yet to come, especially if you stay young at heart.

Phil

Thanks all for listening. Yes this did bring a smile to her when she listened. She is a young lady at heart and will always be young at heart.
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

This is a very romantic thing to do. I'm afraid my wife would fall over if I ever did something like this. Perhaps I should try it for her next birthday....

It is a beautiful song. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Bill

What can I say.......Nice smooth composition! Love the sax.
    Give your wife a hug from me

Pete
    ================================
    = Bluegrass, Irish, Old-Time, Texas-Style =
    ================================
    -> http://www.bluegrassmidisound.eu <-

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast