I've been looking at the MalletKAT for quite some time now...

I play hammered dulcimer and drums, and I've never been happy entering MIDI datas with a keyboard... You can't "roll" the notes, and everything is so tedious and unnatural... I would like to have fun recording my parts, and with all the new technologies that lately came around, such as round robin, alternate samples and scripting, I feel like it would be the right time to make a move and finally get a controller that fits my needs...

I would like to finally be able to play properly such libraries like the Moldovian cimbalom and Santur from Precisionsounds, the cimbalom from Truestrike 2, and the VSL lithophone... In the near future, I would also like to get the American zither from Wavelore and maybe other libraries like Plectrum and Flying Hands...

Anyone knows if I can plug a hi-hat and bass drum pedal into the MalletKAT?...

Because I just got my upgrade of Toontrak Superior 2, and I think that the MalletKAT would be much more intuitive to play than a keyboard... I've considered buying a Roland TD-9K drum as well, but I don't have the money to buy two new controllers, and if I could enter my drum parts with the MalletKAT, it would be enough, since I don't play in front of an audience...

I ask because the MalletKAT is not cheap, but if it could bring the fun back into making music (as in "feeling like I'm playing a real instrument"), that would justify the price...