• Register
  • Help

Topic: Combining EWSO and Vienna SE: reverb

Share/Bookmark

Combining EWSO and Vienna SE: reverb

I just got the Vienna Special Edition and Special Edition Plus bundle, and so far it sounds fabulous. I'm going to want to combine it with EWSO Gold for certain things, and I'm wondering if people have tips on matching the sounds of the two. EWSO of course is already pretty reverb-heavy and VI has none. I've tried a few reverb combinations in Logic, but haven't gotten the right match yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Combining EWSO and Vienna SE: reverb

Apparently EWQLSO was recorded in Benaroya Hall in Seattle, so I guess finding an IR of that hall (with matching microphone placement) would be a good start. And then fiddling, fiddling, fiddling with settings.
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

here is another thread about this topic:

http://discussions.apple.com/message...460718#7460718
    Mac Pro 8-core 2.8, 18GB, Mac OS Leopard, MOTU Ultralite
    Logic Pro 9.x, Kontakt 4.x, EWQLSO Plat. XP plus, LASS and other libraries
    keyboards/synths old and new, and a well of inspiration :-)

It may be a good idea to listen to the reverb tail of a snare hit for recreating that reverb... (a whip would be great) That's somehow close to an impulse response ...Inspiring...personally I'll give that a try tonight
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Thanks Crescendo. That Apple thread is perfect. The Grand Hall impulse response sounds just right.

If I can find a Benaroya IR I'll try that as well, but for now Grand Hall sounds great.

Interesting thread!
    Anybody could tell me if there is an equivalent for Altiverb? I am looking for an IR that would match the natural reverb of EWQL.

Thanks
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasroy View Post
    Interesting thread!
    Anybody could tell me if there is an equivalent for Altiverb?

Thanks
    I am using Pristine space, and Sir with the Hollywood Iimpulses from Numerical sounds. I use them with Vienna, EW, Sonivox and the KH products. Very good price for a whole CD of impulses, and work well for me..I swear by them. And Sir and Pristine space are not a bad price also, which are both available as a download. Hope this helps...Best, Joseph

Thanks Joseph. These Hollywood IR looks very interesting. Any of them seem to correspond to the natural reverb of EWQL?
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasroy View Post
    Thanks Joseph. These Hollywood IR looks very interesting. Any of them seem to correspond to the natural reverb of EWQL?
    I use mostly the small stage IRs for EW. Seems to work good. Of course its the matter of your taste also. But for me I like them..Have you had a chance to take a look at there web page yet? I had called Ernest with many questions before purchasing. Great guy, went out his way to help me. I can send you a PM with his phone number if you like? From about the same area as you I believe..Best, Joseph

Go Back to forum