• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Well, Shucks!

California Redwoods

Well, Shucks!

Yesterday, before I got up, today's concert, and interview with the pianist including good mention of my piece, and my work, went on the air, national coverage, and I slept through it.

However, the performance was this afternoon, and I did not sleep through it. The hall was full, the piano was a 9' Knabe, which I like very much. The short piece was well received, and I was asked to say a few words. It was a great effort for me to get up there, and my right leg dragged, but I made it. It was a pleasure for me, as that was the first time in a long while that anything of mine has been performed.

Re: Well, Shucks!

Richard -

Congratulations to you in having your piece performed and having it well received! What a joy to hear your music played!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Nice, very nice. And dragging legs.... what the heck. As long as your brain is working and your music is performed, is there anything else you want?!

Congratulations Richard!

I hope the piece was done justice.

Congratulations on having your piece played Richard!!! Missing the radio broadcast sucks, but maybe they archive their shows - you might be able to get hold of a copy?

Toutes mes félicitations ! This is wonderful news.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Congratulations on the performance of your piece and the comments made over the air waves. What a feeling that must be for you!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Congratulations...thanks for sharing your experience. It is always such a feeling when the work we do alone is shared with others and to good result. Kudos.

I know how you felt with the performance of one of
    your piano compositions. It's such a wonderful, inner
    feeling of satisfaction to know that you created a
    musical composition worthy of public performance.
    Audience acceptance of it is icing on the cake.

Congratulations Richard.......

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Congrats, Richard. That's quite the honor and fwiw, sleeping through that interview.....that's the sign of a true pro in my book.

Go Back to forum