• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thanks Kitecrazy and others

Share/Bookmark

Thanks Kitecrazy and others

kitecrazy you suggested I should try K2.
    As I said in an other thread, I got a K2.1 for 27 bucks. For a while I was stuck with it without a manual (it does not come with a manual) but finally I got a few instruments going, actually quicker then when I received GVI.
    I tried to get on line with NI and download a manual, but no success.
    Frankly, I am very much surprised with the sounds from K2. Of course I am missing Gigapulse, and I do not know yet how to add convolution samples to an instrument, so maybe I will be again surprised. My steadfast solidarity to Tascam is loosing ground.
    Please, ignore my request if you rather not help, but it would be a great if you could answer a few questions.
    1./ I have 2 drives on my machine, 80 gigs, and I am using one of them with GS3 Orchestra for samples only, the other, C: is for the rest (Sonar 6 etc.) I can see that I can import and convert my .gig files into K2 on the temporary basis. If I try to import and convert on the permanent basis, I have to select a drive for instruments and for samples. My C; drive is only 25 % used. Where would you import instruments and samples?
    2./ Could you walk me through on just one instrument adding effects? It would save a lot of trial and frustration.
    3./ When you (if you) convert .gig files to K2, were you happy with the sounds?

Finally, even if you do not help, you already have helped a lot, and I thank you again for your kindness.

Ted
    Jamiha, give me a PM if you wish to learn how I got K2 installed and "registered". NI did not answer my question, so I took a chance downloading K2. I am glad I did. I think it is also portable, so I can take it with me to Mexico next year (without a dongle).
    Thanks for listening, it is not my favored piece, just grabbed one to try to upload.

Ted

Re: Thanks Kitecrazy and others

There's little wrench icon, click and you can see all the stuff to modify the instrument.

If Kontakt reads your gig files, there is no need to convert them.

There should be a lot of info on the net for using Kontakt. If you want to spend a little more money get the Kontakt 2 tutorial DVD.

Were you able to authorize Kontakt without any problems? I was a little suspicious if your purchase was from a legitimate source.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya View Post
    My steadfast solidarity to Tascam is loosing ground.
    Me too. GS4 is in a box right now. Kontakt works on all of my machines. Too be fair, all of my previous Tascam products worked fine.

First of all, thanks.
    I had no problems at all using the instructions coming with the download. My only problem is the absence of a manual and that I am not recognized by the NI Service as a user.
    I will try to find someone I can borrow the manual from and make a copy.
    I saw one sample from the DVD and did not find it too helpful.
    Thanks again, I am chugging along on my own patience.....
    Ted

PS:

My inquiry from NI stays unanswered for 8 days. I sent them a "bump" yesterday.
    I can not believe that anyone would dare to do this selling without some form of understanding from NI. It would be an open and shut case for piracy. The website is offering hundreds of softwares on the same basis, a joint action against them would kill their business instantly.
    (My wife started to bake the cake with a rasp inside.....)

Ted

Thumbs down Re: Thanks Kitecrazy and others

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya View Post
    My only problem is the absence of a manual and that I am not recognized by the NI Service as a user.
    When was crackware ever recognized by the original legal developer? Sorry, but for $27 you don't get a legal copy of K2. Your copy is obviously cracked.

How can I tell?

1: $27 for a €399 program.
    2: "Registration" without the official, legal registration tool (Service Center).
    3: No manual.

These are telltale signs of crackware.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    When was crackware ever recognized by the original legal developer? Sorry, but for $27 you don't get a legal copy of K2. Your copy is obviously cracked.

How can I tell?

1: $27 for a €399 program.
    2: "Registration" without the official, legal registration tool (Service Center).
    3: No manual.

These are telltale signs of crackware.
    Well his copy wasn't cracked, otherwise there would be no need to authorize it.

Go Back to forum