• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Topic: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Hurricane place
    Posts
    276

    Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    I have not been around much the last year or so(maybe longer!).

    Thought I would take the time to convert an old piece originally done with GPO Stien to the new Stein. The other is just added for fun and I am going backwards in life I think as I am making more pop/rock tunes=P. The one here is not done, just having fun(quick mix).

    Divinity(originally done with GPO)
    http://home.cfl.rr.com/delly/Divinit...nder%20lid.mp3
    (stien rock partial segment)
    http://home.cfl.rr.com/delly/Stein%2...%20segment.mp3
    Robert Davis

  2. #2
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,015

    Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    Divinity is a very charming piano piece. Man, I'll have to get that G. Steinway but I'm tying to save up for the Efuler and an ethanol converter for my truck.

    Hey, I liked your rocker. Nice and tasty in the mold of Jeff Beck. I know it's only rock n' roll but I liked it!


    Phil

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    Robert,

    I listened twice with pleasure to your 'Divinity'!

    It is a very well composed piece, it has originality and is interesting.
    There's a very nice flow and you played it beautifully.

    However, the only place you did some tempo change is at the end.
    I think that this piece could be even more expressive if it would have tempo changes throughout.

    I would have liked to play your piece myself. Any chance of getting your score/midi?

    Yudit

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Hurricane place
    Posts
    276

    Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Robert,

    I listened twice with pleasure to your 'Divinity'!

    It is a very well composed piece, it has originality and is interesting.
    There's a very nice flow and you played it beautifully.

    However, the only place you did some tempo change is at the end.
    I think that this piece could be even more expressive if it would have tempo changes throughout.

    I would have liked to play your piece myself. Any chance of getting your score/midi?

    Thank you for the replies.

    I have never notated that piece. I can though if you would like to play it. I am honored.
    Robert Davis

  5. #5

    Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantabile View Post
    Thank you for the replies.

    I have never notated that piece. I can though if you would like to play it. I am honored.
    I would be honoured too!

    Yudit

  6. #6
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Thumbs up Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    This piece has to be the best piano composition so far ever on this forum! And now, with the new Steinway it has come alive even more. Everyone really should listen carefully to the structure, dynamics and emotion embedded into this performance. I hear the strings ?
    Styxx

  7. #7
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    However, the only place you did some tempo change is at the end.
    I think that this piece could be even more expressive if it would have tempo changes throughout.
    I have to disagree. Tempo changes will upset the continuity and energy of this piece. Better left virgin as it was meant to speak. It flows with emotions that must be felt and understood. Not that you can't and it would be interesting to hear. It's my own personal opinion and knowledge of the gifted person who wrote this piece and performed it.
    Better left untouched than to try to alter the color of the painting. Too much and the subtleness of the each brush stroke become obscured.
    Styxx

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Hurricane place
    Posts
    276

    Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    Thanks Styxx!
    Robert Davis

  9. #9

    Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    Great to have you back in the neighborhood, Robert!
    Welcome home.

    Beautifully done... and while I must admit I prefer the
    depth and emotive power of the "classical" version, the
    rock version is quite a kick, as well.

    By all means, do notate this! A lovely piece... one in
    which I'm sure others would take great pleasure playing.

    All my best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Hurricane place
    Posts
    276

    Re: Revisit an old GPO Piano tune with Stein and some fun=P

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Great to have you back in the neighborhood, Robert!
    Welcome home.

    Beautifully done... and while I must admit I prefer the
    depth and emotive power of the "classical" version, the
    rock version is quite a kick, as well.

    By all means, do notate this! A lovely piece... one in
    which I'm sure others would take great pleasure playing.

    All my best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    THanks David.
    I was intending on notating, however I am currently away from "my" computer for the last week or two This computer I am checking on is barely able to handle the forum =P

    Sorry for the late response(as stated I am not currently home). I will notate it when I get home!
    Robert Davis

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •