• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar HS4: Multiple instruments on separate channels

Share/Bookmark

Sonar HS4: Multiple instruments on separate channels

Greetings folks. I'm using GPO in Sonar (Home Studio v4)... This is a long explanation for what may be a simple problem. Apologies.. this stuff is so hard to put into words. Maybe I should just make a video clip to show this.

I'm puzzling over something relating to the Mod Wheel and multiple instruments.

When I play multiple instruments through the same GPO instance, the on-screen keyboard and mod wheel display in the Kontakt player doesn't seem to honor the channel separations.

I.e., it displays a combination of all the mod wheel and note data the plugin is receiving, for all active instruments.

I've carefully set up the midi tracks so they are outputting on separate midi channels. And I've confirmed that my midi controller is sending data properly, with the appropriate channel number. (I don't have channel 1 mod wheel data, for instance, in the midi track that outputs to channel 2.)

So it's all clean as a whistle. Played individually, each instrument sounds good. And _I think_ the combined ensemble sounds okay. But I'm not sure, because the GPO interface is doing strange things and convincing me not to trust my ears.

When I play the combined ensemble and look at the GPO interface, I see the on-screen Mod Wheel jumping around crazily. It shows constant jittery movement no matter what instrument I'm looking at in GPO. I.e., even if I'm looking at the French Horn while the French horn is playing nothing, the mod wheel is moving around. And notes that are sequenced for other channels are "played" on the keyboard.

Is that how the onscreen display in the GPO Kontakt player is supposed to work? Or is this a bug? Or am I just confused.

Thanks for your help,
    -Garret

Re: Sonar HS4: Multiple instruments on separate channels

Hi Garret,

Yeah, the graphic keyboard and modwheel reflect all midi inputs that KP2 is receiving.

Re: Sonar HS4: Multiple instruments on separate channels

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Hi Garret,

Yeah, the graphic keyboard and modwheel reflect all midi inputs that KP2 is receiving.
    Whew.

That's good to know...

Go Back to forum