• Register
  • Help

Topic: Presto Polardica

Share/Bookmark

Cool Presto Polardica - SNOWFOX

Hi again, everybody! This is what I did, after another cup of coffee!
    Here are two new movements - PRESTO and ANDANTE

4th mov - SNOWFOX *presto Polardica*

5th mov - ANDANTE ALPINA *updated with coda*

-----------------------------------------

3rd mov - UAMH - BINN

2nd mov - ST. MORITZ

1st mov - "ROMANTIC DREAM"

enjoy,

Fred

Re: Presto Polardica

A grand "organ-like" introduction!

I envision a heavenly cathedral organ washing over the congregation ascending to new spiritual heights!

This is a very well tempered, seductive, and "beautiful" work Fred.

- A rose glowing stained-glass achievement! -

Most enjoyed!

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

In regards to PRESTO POLARDICA - SNOWFOXES
    The reverb really helps illuminate the senses with "snow". It's very bouncy. Nice horn touches. I like the way you drag minor in out of no where. It's just the way I like it. Happy happy, then it sort of turns around on a dime. Very nice. There's this kind ofunusual structure. Not to say there isn't structure, but there definitely is a cloud of insecurity around all the transitions. Almost as if the listener, (being me I suppose), mind find it a little difficult to grasp the changes in style, because, either they happen so minutely, as in the beginning, or so rapidly changing nearer to the end. I noticed you had a sort of Ave-Maria-esque motif going on. You really should take a look at your transitions more. The ending sort of just comes out of nowhere, without much interlude. Usually a composer should ask his or herself, "Why am I ending the piece here?" This question could let you ask yourself, is there anything else I wanted the listener to get from this piece. If not, should I just let the listener go, or take slowly to the ground. I actually have the most trouble writing endings to a song.

I think a lot of composers on this forum can agree that writing an ending to any piece is never an easy task, because we're neverquite sure why we're doing it. Maybe we're sick of this piece, or just want it to end, both bad reasons.

So below I've attached an example of a composer I believe captured the essence of ending. I hope this helps you in your musical transgressions.

(PS. I won't tell you the composer or title because I think it's more fun to try to get an ending without a composer bias)

This is on record the longest ending to a piece I've heard in a long time. If anyone has anything longer, let me know. The ending itself you might argue start at 0:52, I just wanted to include the last repetition of the main theme. But some might argue the end does include the themes repetition.

Long Ending MP3

So in essence, here's what I'm getting at. Although your ending may not be this drawn out, as is my comment, but you might consider theme repetition. Don't be afraid to repeat yourself. You should never be scared to say what you said, again in a different way. It helps keep the audiences attention when you say something that you've already said, but twist things up a bit. <<<<<<< And never leave us wanting too much more. Agood storyteller always says everything that should be said, while leaving just enough left at the end to catch the.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Cool Re: Presto Polardica

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    A grand "organ-like" introduction!

I envision a heavenly cathedral organ washing over the congregation ascending to new spiritual heights!

This is a very well tempered, seductive, and "beautiful" work Fred.

- A rose glowing stained-glass achievement! -

Most enjoyed!

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Glad you enjoyed my latest piece!

I have now arranged the movements in order, but there will be more!

The Dream Theme is still inspiring me to add more material.

Fred

Wink Re: Presto Polardica

Thanks for listening Master Yoda,

Glad you enjoyed the chilly "Presto Polardica". (which has been updated, by the way... and the Ave Maria type of melody is now separate, and called "Andante Alpina". *but will be expanded soon!

The end you were referring to is actually going to be expanded in about a day or two... I'm saturated with Polardic inspiration, so there will definitely be a more typical conservative and by the book ending...lol!

Thanks for inspiring words!

Fred

I'llbe back to listen soon. Just let us know when you update it again!!! You're off to a great start, and approaching a marvelous finish.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr View Post
    I'llbe back to listen soon. Just let us know when you update it again!!! You're off to a great start, and approaching a marvelous finish.
    Hi again Master Yoda,

I have today composed a special coda for my "Andante Alpina"! It has just been updated! Welcome!

Fred

That presto is just gorgeous, my friend! Ottorino Respighi comes
    to mind through the opening of it... the great sense of broad
    expanses.

Beautiful work! What brand of coffee, tell us, is responsible... lol?

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Cool Re: Presto Polardica - Bialetti

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    That presto is just gorgeous, my friend! Ottorino Respighi comes
    to mind through the opening of it... the great sense of broad
    expanses.

Beautiful work! What brand of coffee, tell us, is responsible... lol?

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hi David,

It's Japanese coffee, and the brand is UCC!
    I brew it in my Italian expresso brewer (Bialetti), using French Evian water!

My snowfox was fun to compose.
    Thanks for inspiring me to write more!

Regards,

Fred

Go Back to forum