• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Symphobia gone quiet... PT. 2

Share/Bookmark

Symphobia gone quiet... PT. 2

So, how about those Mets!

No - seriously, let's see if we can't all get along here, and continue the Symphobia discussion peacefully.

They did add this to their site about two days ago:

More information and new demos coming soon!

Ok, it's not much, but...

Cheers.

Re: Symphobia gone quiet... PT. 2

Are you absolutely sure? Because I'm almost positive that it's been there for at least a month or two.

Somehow I'm still a bit sceptical about the thing being released on time (in july) but *fingers crossed*

has been there. I'm 100 percent sure. I've been checking the site daily

Allright, allright - so I was looking for an excuse to keep the old thread running on a positive note.

But they did just recently add the clocks, no?

I am disappointed that Symphobia is not being released in open format like all other libraries. I understand the reason, but ProjectSAM always defended open format is a must to let us finetune and edit the samples themselves manually.

I also think Symphobia is just the tip of the iceberg. They probably sampled the complete orchestra with each instrument separated but are only releasing to public the ensembles version. Since they are composers, they keep the "edge" this way.

They already have one complete private orchestra of their own so this would not be surprising.
    Pedro Macedo Camacho
    Composer
    musicbypedro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Camacho View Post
    I am disappointed that Symphobia is not being released in open format like all other libraries. I understand the reason, but ProjectSAM always defended open format is a must to let us finetune and edit the samples themselves manually.

I also think Symphobia is just the tip of the iceberg. They probably sampled the complete orchestra with each instrument separated but are only releasing to public the ensembles version. Since they are composers, they keep the "edge" this way.

They already have one complete private orchestra of their own so this would not be surprising.
    Your post is very confusing. What do you mean not in "open" format and where did you read about that? I haven't seen that kind of information anywhere.

I must say that I also completely disagree on your comment suggesting that SAM actually sampled isolated sections as well. I just don't see the point. SAM has always aimed to do something that other sample libraries like VSL have neglected. And seriously, I think that the SAM guys are making much more money selling samples than composing for film or other things. In my opinion you are overestimating the value of a private sample library that no-one else has. It's still just a tool among other tools, it doesn't get better even if no-one else has access to it.
    Even if SAM did sample the sections individually, I wouldn't necessarily be even interested in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Camacho View Post

I don't think that's true Pedro.

I know that Maarten and a few other composers have been part of a custom/private sample library even before project sam started. This is when Maarten decided to be a developper.

To say that they recorded sections for symphobia and kept them to theirselfs is very unlikely too. It costs double if not more to record sections them doing what they did.
    And being a small company like they are I really don't think they have the budget to sample a full orchestra. Nevertheless this symphobia is a real stroke of genius, we all have a gazillion sections from other libraries but never has a company sampled full ensembles, and there's a real sonic difference there.

As for the locked library, I don't know if it's locked or not all I know is that it comes with kontakt2 so people don't have to worry about owning this or that sampler. With all probability you will be able to open the library in Kontakt and access the samples.

Attention!

http://www.projectsam.com

New flash demo player on the front page! Still no tracks in it though but prolly soon!

€ 899 / $1349

LIST PRICING: € 999 / $1499

Wow!!!

+ Product will ship August 18th! Knew it!

SYMPHOBIA can also be loaded into a full version of Kontakt 2 or higher. All features will still be available, plus you will be able to access the mapping, programming and other settings within the patches.

So much for Symphobia not being "open", too.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast