I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, so please let me know if it's not.

When I rewire Gigastudio 3 to Cubase Essential 4, and attempt to ‘render to wave’, notes held by the sustain pedal are cut off. This is most evident in piano tracks. It doesn’t happen every time the sustain pedal is used, but frequently enough that every rendered track is useless. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and/or someone could offer some ideas about what might be going on.

I’ve got the latest software updates for both programs. This is a new Dell E2160 Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz computer with 3GB RAM, and an Audiophile 2496 soudcard.

I’ve tried several things. Since the problem happened first when I was using a Black Grand convolution piano, which is a big library, I tried it with the original Gigapiano, which is a lot smaller. Same problem. Then I stayed within Cubase, used a Halion One VST and rendered that to audio. There was no problem with the sustains. Also, I tried Gigastudio alone, and recorded directly to disk, using the capture function, again with my large Black Grand library. There was no problem with that.

So, my thinking is that the problem lies with the Rewire function?? I’d appreciate any suggestions you might have.