• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Old Musician/Engineer needs HELP

Share/Bookmark

Old Musician/Engineer needs HELP

I am in Portland, Oregon. Here is the deal, I am kind of from the old school......plug it in and play. I bought the GPO because right now the project I am producing, mixing, mastering and playing on is a rock symphony......kind of.

What I need is someone in the Portland area to come SHOW me how to get this working ( I have read everything and it might as well be written in Chinese, I just don't understand it). I have played the GPO in stand alone with some of the songs and it sounds GREAT, just what I want BUT.....I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK in Cubase LE.

HELP.....I'm running out of patience and beer.

If anyone can come help me out my family would be very happy. Send me a PM and I will send you my phone number.

PS I'll buy the beer.

Re: Old Musician/Engineer needs HELP

Thanks to buckshead here I have everything working..except I haven't figured out how to turn the midi track into a wave file.....so if any of you here can help me with that little problem I almost, kind of, sort of.....will shut up and leave you all alone...............maybe, but don't hold your breath.

Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Hi its me again. Create an audio track, set the locators to start and end, move cursor to start, press red record button, wait til the end, press stop.
    Mixing and mastering, inserts and sends just like a hardware mixer. Not sure exactly what LE has, there are various different versions. Theres automation of recording and many options, start simple and work up, Oh and you can play the strat along if you wish. (is that a strat? hmm its hard to see)
    Last edited by buckshead; 07-17-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: addition
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Thanks again. I'll try that and see what happens.

That is my youngest son ( Little Bubba) with the Tele, he picked it out. We have a P Bass, Strat, Tele and a Yamaha So8.....My wife told me she would kill me if I brought a drum set home.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    Hi its me again. Create an audio track, set the locators to start and end, move cursor to start, press red record button, wait til the end, press stop.
    Mixing and mastering, inserts and sends just like a hardware mixer. Not sure exactly what LE has, there are various different versions. Theres automation of recording and many options, start simple and work up, Oh and you can play the strat along if you wish. (is that a strat? hmm its hard to see)

Okay........I tried that....NO WORKIE...BUT......since I'm old school I brought up my main recording studio and set it to 'record what it hears'. It's kind of a pain in the rear end but it works. All I have to do is write down the timing mark I want it to come in on and the match it up on the mixing board after I get the midi track recorded to a wave. I'm going to need more beer for this CD.

I know there is an easier way and I will find it some day but I can finish these two songs now and that is what I need to do...........

.....before I go . LOLOLOL

Hippie, try this. I regularly convert MIDI files (with GPO voices) to wav files. Set the left and right locators as described earlier, then go to the File menu and choose "Audio Mixdown". This will prompt you for file name, audio file format, and so forth.

I do this all the time in Cubase SX3.

I'll give it a try. Thanks

UPDATE for anyone that has nothing better to do than read this.

I still have some small problems getting things (GPO & Cubase) to work the way I think they should BUT....I have come up with some of the most unique Mickey Mouse ways to get around them I even surprised myself.

Hey, don't laugh, they work.

And that is all that counts. You win!
    Er... I mean "Attaboy!"

It's all about the music.
    It's a Viking thing.

Cubase is so versatile that there are a dozen ways to do anything, you have to find the way that suits you, then learn the others slowly. There are still things I've not tried and I' ve had 4.0 and 4.1 since it came out
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum