• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: superior 2.0

Share/Bookmark

superior 2.0

just got superior 2.0... I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. I thought the demos sounded great. If it is anywhere near as good sounding as LSD I will be very happy.

giga...

Re: superior 2.0

same thing here! more news later ...

Ok, so the sounds are great and the interface works very smooth... However if you want to get any help from the web site as far as forums go there is none. Completely pathetic.

I can't for the life of me get the different tracks in EZPlayer pro to run different VST instruments in either Logic 8 or Cubase 4. The manual CLEARLY reads that this is one of it's strongest features yet it just doesn't work. If you have a couple of midi files loaded on different tracks and a select different midi channels it just makes no difference and it sends out it's signal to all channels and becomes a big mess.

SyQuEst... can you see if you can get this to work???

Because of the support situation and Toontracks complete lack of interest in answering their emails I have to support BFD2 of Superior2.0 and recommend you do the same.

Their forum is a complete joke and they must be very scared of something because all you can do is post pre sales questions and that is it. Must not be very confident of their product.

BFD2 sounds as good or better and they are happy to help you with your problems.

Buy BFD2 not S2.0

mtc

giga...

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga View Post
    Their forum is a complete joke and they must be very scared of something because all you can do is post pre sales questions and that is it. Must not be very confident of their product.
    Did you register and log in to the forum?

I don't have my upgrade to Superior 2.0 yet. If it's like DFH Superior, then each VST instance only receives on 1 MIDI channel. This is all that I have ever needed as each drum is programmed to different MIDI notes so all you should need is just 1 channel. The flexibility for mixing comes into the outputs for each of the drums. Looking at the 2.0 manual, it appears to still be the same thing in 2.0. They've just given more control over the mikes, adding more drums, effects and a mixer.

Jim

Ok, so the sounds are great and the interface works very smooth... However if you want to get any help from the web site as far as forums go there is none. Completely pathetic.

Because of the support situation and Toontracks complete lack of interest in answering their emails I have to support BFD2 of Superior2.0 and recommend you do the same.

BFD2 sounds as good or better and they are happy to help you with your problems.

Buy BFD2 not S2.0

mtc

giga...
    Way off base Giga

Toontrack support is very substantial. You MUST register your product in order to access the specific help topics. The guys at TT are always on the forum to help and answer questions. There's also a team of betatesters and users who love to help sort through issues. (It's like one big mostly happy family). Now as for the sound of S2.0... it's unparalled. Ask around. The detail of sample layers and articulations are like no other library if you want to compare... but why compare? If you have software that you prefer that's cool, too. I would recommend registering S2.0 and give the Toontrack forum another try.

Superior 2.0 is a whooole new wooooorld! Superior 1.0 was good but now, it's ... incredible!
    A real mixer with some build in effects (EQ, trans, filter, comp, gate), true (recorded) reverbs (close, middle, mono, far, ...) and a user friendly GUI.

It's simple : if you're a drummer and you want a real feeling, you must have it!
    If you have DKFH S1.0 ... upgrade right now!

You can load the 24bit or 16bit as well as cached (it loads the sounds you need, no more)

Gigga, I can't use EZPlayer Pro (for others, it's free when you buy the product ... retail 50$) on my Cakewalk Sonar 7, maybe a bad installation. I'll check that soon, when I'll find more time.

Yes, you have to register your product and you'll be able to have the full support. I had some problems last year and they help me like a charm.

For more informations : http://www.toontrack.com/s20.asp#

thanks for the responses but I did register my product and if you go to the web site you will see that when you click on the forum for EZPlayer it is only an FAQ and you can't post anything???

I just want to ask my question about the midi channel mess and there is not where to do it.

I registered for the forums but it makes no difference. I will go back and see if I missed something.

Thanks for the positive support.

giga..

BTW bummer about gigastudio huh... guess I will have to change my moniker to something related to Kontakt now!

BTW bummer about gigastudio huh... guess I will have to change my moniker to something related to Kontakt now!
    Kontaktakakka wouldn't sound as winner...

Question Re: superior 2.0

What does Superior 2.0 offer in terms of midi files? I could not find out much from their website. BFD2 offers 5000 drumgrooves that take advantage of their special mappings and are actually not midi but proprietary files.
    For some standard purposes that might be a time saver.
    Still, I am loking for information that compares those two products.

Go Back to forum