• Register
  • Help

Topic: ProjectSAM Harp - Can't install

Share/Bookmark

ProjectSAM Harp - Can't install

Hi, I know this may not be the best place to post this but I've had Out Of Office messages from SAM support...

I've just bought the ProjectSAM Harp which sounded pretty nice on the demos but I can't install it in OSX (10.5.4) - I've double clicked the icon but nothing happens. Anybody else experiencing this, or know of another way of getting hold of the SAM guys?

TIA

Tim

Re: ProjectSAM Harp - Can't install

We've had LOTS of problems with SAM downloads. We must have tried several RAR unpackers/unzippers before we found one that worked.

1st : Make sure the size is correct. i.e. they should tell you how big the package is your downloading. If its a HUGE file make sure its all there first.
    2nd : I would try using Peter Noriega's UnRarX software to open it and unarchive it. [IF] that doesnt work try using either iGetter to download it or if its downloading ok try using The Unarchiver.

Cheers,

Thanks for the tips Terry!

I think it has downloaded ok, I managed to unrar the files using winrar (under Parallels on OSX). The strange thing is that the windows install does appear to work - I can launch it at least, however I didn't want to use it in case the samples that are extracted aren't compatible with OSX...

Tim

Any luck, Tim?

As soon as I double-click the pt1.rar I get:

! SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app\Contents\Frameworks: The file "SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app\Contents\Frameworks" header is corrupt
    ! SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app\Contents\MacOS: The file "SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app\Contents\MacOS" header is corrupt
    ! SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app\Contents\Resources: The file "SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app\Contents\Resources" header is corrupt
    ! SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app\Contents: The file "SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app\Contents" header is corrupt
    ! SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app: The file "SAM Concert Harp\Install for Mac.app" header is corrupt
    ! SAM Concert Harp: The file "SAM Concert Harp" header is corrupt

Now, I am on a PC, so I really needn't be concerned with any line save for the last one, and even then i find that most of winrar's error messages can be ignored. So, I opened the SAM Concert Harp Folder, and tried to extract the win executable. It hung. What I wound up doing is extracting the aforementioned folder, instead of the file. That worked.

Cheers.

Hi chaps

I've been working with Maarten on this one. I'm going to redownload the files this weekend and try again. In the interim I managed to unrar the files with winrar running under parallels on my Mac. I then ran the windows installer which worked fine and generated the files for Kontakt and EXS, these worked fine under OSX.

Best

Tim

good luck with that Tim. We went back and forth for a week or so with woodwinds. LOL. Marteen and co. are sure patient.

I think there was a password involved at some point as well and some of the unarchive program didn't offer the chance to enter the password. Sure was nice to see the EXs24 install choice finally!

Post some of your masterworks with SamHarp if you get around to it. Sure would be fun to get your take on them!

Just a quick update to everyone. Maarten was very helpful as usual and in the end I've put it down to not using UnrarX - when I extracted the files with this tool everything was fine and Sam Harp installed straight away.

Regards

Tim

I'm glad unRar X worked for you too. Maybe Marteen can recommend that for Mac users when Dling his files.

Go Back to forum