• Register
  • Help

Topic: So, OK ...

Share/Bookmark

Question So, OK ...

What video editing software do you use and why? I'm looking into several in order to work on a project. Just curious as to what you pros uses, respectfully.

Thanks in advance ... but don't think you're getting monetary compensation.
    Styxx

Re: So, OK ...

Hi Mike,
    I didn't have to edit any video when I did mine.

I used Sonar 4 then and it worked fine. I imported the film into a new file, then composed/recorded while I watched it. I was able to sync that way. I'm sure others will have better ideas for you.

Take Care,
    Steph

Hmm, don't have Sonar (didn't like submarines). Hemingway, Samplitude is said to be good for video. I'll have to give it a go tonight with some of me own videos.
    I need a keyboard controller as well. Time to take a trip to Bitarg factory. (Bitarg is the way my son used to say Guitar when he was a few years old).
    Styxx

Sony Vegas is a good video editing tool. Pretty straight forward with lots of capabilities.

For actual video editing, check out Final Cut Pro on Mac (the Express HD is terrific for most applications) and Adobe Premiere on PC. I've only worked with FCP, but it's a very capable program. I'd assume Premiere is of the same caliber.

For doing movie-score work, a lot of people like Nuendo because it has some post-production features lacking in the other DAWs. Vegas is good too, but I've heard it has limitations when it comes to midi.

Thanks everyone! I am a big short on cash so I've trying to use what I have. I downloaded a trial version of Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 and have successfully recorded from my camcorder. Magix users tell me I can do the same with Samplitude although I haven't gone that far yet. Cubase is also able to use video as well but just can't seem to find how?
    What I should do is go to the store where my Mac and DP is sitting waiting for the studio to be finished. Yeah, right.
    Anywho, I will try some of your suggestions.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum