• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: More about the Keyboard Magazine offer

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation More about the Keyboard Magazine offer

During the Garritan Go-Round several months ago, I, like many others, I'm sure, had my nose to the computer screen to take advantage of the sale prices and other offers.

One of the other offers was a six-month subscription to Keyboard Magazine for $.01. I clicked on that offer in time to earn it (I also bought the Gofriller Cello and JABB at the time - I already owned GPO).

I still have yet to receive my first issue. I have posted about this in the Free Subscription To Keyboard Magazine thread, but my postings seem to have been removed, or else in my ignorance I just can no longer find them. When I clicked on the bookmark I made to conveniently find replies to my posts in that thread this message appeared:

Invalid Topic specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Can anyone fill me in on the progress of the Keyboard Magazine offer and on why clicking on the bookmark now yields the above message?

Thank you,

-Patrick

Re: More about the Keyboard Magazine offer

I never got the free magazine subscription either. No idea why. I used to get it (and Electronic Musician) free all the time, just for being in the entertainment business. I dropped it when they started charging me for it. Stupid idea on their part. I read it chiefly for the advertisements and regularly purchased products from their advertisers. Now I don't buy nearly as much because it's harder to find what is available. I don't see how that has help Keyborad Magazine or its advertisers. But, hey, at least I'm saving some money.

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    I never got the free magazine subscription either. No idea why....
    Come to think of it.... I also never received a single copy of Keyboard Magazine either.

As I recall, I went on the site and signed up for the "free subscription" for Northern Sounds members.... but that was a LONG time ago.

What's the deal ???????????

Well, I have now received my first issue...

My subscription came via the Go-Round, not by virtue of being a member of Northern Sounds, which may account for my having gotten an issue and your still not having received one.

Thanks to whomsoever was responsible for tracking down the reason we who won our subscriptions during the sale weren't actually receiving the magazine.

-Patrick

I was quite surprised when the latest issue arrived in they mail last week.

dave

Here is the FREE subscription (6 months anyway) that I was talking about... for Northern Sounds Members:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...board+magazine

And, as I said.... I have yet to see ANY issues arrive at my house.

What Gives?????

Now... rereading the thread, I see that it was an offer that ended some time ago. LOL... Guess I am gonna have to check the "posting dates" a little better next time... LOL

(Quote from Masimon)
    This is an old post and offer was closed look for new offers coming soon.
    Oh well... I will keep watching, maybe they'll repeat the 6 month "Freebie" again sometime.

I got this email way back when and on time. It looked like my subscription was a done deal. I never got it. What gives??

FREE Keyboard Magazine Subscription
    :: Thank you! ::
    Dear Carl M. Smith,
    Thanks for your submission for a free Keyboard magazine Subscription courtesy of northernsounds.com!
    Please check your eMail and/or Spam filter!
    northernsounds.com has sent two emails to your eMail address: benfranklin75@aol.com.
    We value your membership in Northernsounds. As one of the ways of saying thank you we are providing this free Keyboard Magazine subscription.
    Keyboard Magazine has information on creating music with today's hot new technology.You'll get new product information, authoritative reviews, real-world application tips, controversial essays and round-table discussions, interviews with recording artists, and instructional columns for beginners and pros alike. We are sure you will enjoy every monthly issue.

Carl, my recommendation, unsolicited as it is, would be to forward that email to the subscription department at Keyboard.

I'm guessing that a phone call to follow the email would get some results.

Good luck.

-Patrick

futz-

sounds good. Thanks!

What may have happened is that they emailed me at the email address I gave them (which is not my primary address, but a catch-all for vendors) and there may have been a response needed to confirm the address and start the process. Trouble is I seldom check that mail. Could be my bad.

I like Keyboard and have been known to subscribe in the past.

carl

Go Back to forum