• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Choir Practice"

Share/Bookmark

Arrow "Choir Practice"

Y'all,

I wrote this simple SATB choir and strings piece this morning. The strings are GPO and the voices are from my Kurzweil outboard synth.

Here is my "Choir Practice". Play it loudly!

Regards to all,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Choir Practice"

It was an enjoyable pop-classical choir piece.

I may go to choir practice this week. I've been playing hooky lately but doing a musical sounds like fun. It's the Technicolor Dreamcoat with the high school choirs and a k-8 choir.

Maybe I'll meet someone's mother or grandmother!

Thanks for posting.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    It was an enjoyable pop-classical choir piece.

I may go to choir practice this week. I've been playing hooky lately but doing a musical sounds like fun. It's the Technicolor Dreamcoat with the high school choirs and a k-8 choir.

Maybe I'll meet someone's mother or grandmother!

Thanks for posting.

Phil
    That sounds like fun. Go for it. See if someone's Mother or Grandmother has a sister for me.

I realize that most people don't have symphonic strings at their choir practice but I couldn't think of any other title.

Thanks for listening and commenting, Mr. Phil. My best to you there in the great NorthWest.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Nice job on this, Larry... lovely string work!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks muchly, Mr. David. I wish that I had better choir voices but I don't.

Thank you for listening.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,

Actually, I didn't think the Kurzweil voices were all that bad at all. They certainly lent an ethereal touch to another one of your thoroughly well-conceived and expertly composed works, and you blended them nicely with the GPO strings. There were some pretty "hip and happenin'" chords for the voices in there as well... fun stuff! A pleasure to listen to, as always (and dare I say "expected"?) from you.

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hi Larry,

Actually, I didn't think the Kurzweil voices were all that bad at all. They certainly lent an ethereal touch to another one of your thoroughly well-conceived and expertly composed works, and you blended them nicely with the GPO strings. There were some pretty "hip and happenin'" chords for the voices in there as well... fun stuff! A pleasure to listen to, as always (and dare I say "expected"?) from you.

Danny
    Nevertheless, I wish that I could afford a really good voice sample library. Maybe some day.

Many thanks for listening and commenting, Mr. Danny. I always appreciate your comments, my friend.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum