• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Thank you Kirk Hunter

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Thank you Kirk Hunter

Okay, I really must thank Kirk publicly for his amazing customer support when it comes to his libraries. I have the cheapest one of the bunch but he still treated me like I bought his top shelf library when it came to getting staccatos in my Sapphire strings. I'm honestly so delighted that he would take the time to find out what my issues were and did his best to remedy them. And he did!

Even though I also own some of the bigger sample libraries on the market, I used Sapphire concert strings in a recent contest entry because they gave me the exact realism in the mix that I needed. My VSL nor EWQLSO violins just didn't seem right in this case. The performance controls and the variety embedded in his samples really are quite astonishing. I feel as though I'm performing the line when using his string patches, not just entering a facsimile.

thanks again Kirk for your amazing products and even more amazing customer service.

A very happy customer.

David

Thumbs up Re: Thank you Kirk Hunter

I second this.

Kirk is so very accomodating to his customers. It is amazing and rare these days!

I use his products in all of my film productions to much success.

I believe his strings sound better "in the mix" than they do on their own or in the demos IMHO.

A satisfied customer!

Mr. Anxiety
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Re: Thank you Kirk Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anxiety View Post
    I second this.

Kirk is so very accomodating to his customers. It is amazing and rare these days!

I use his products in all of my film productions to much success.

I believe his strings sound better "in the mix" than they do on their own or in the demos IMHO.

A satisfied customer!

Mr. Anxiety
    What library would you specifically recommend? The concert strings? judging from the demos those sound the best...

The Concert strings are my "go to" library for scoring. They have lots of character.

Yes
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

The Concert strings are my "go to" library for scoring. They have lots of character.

Yes
    OK.

Thank you Mr.

Yes
    As I said in many other threads and many other forums: in comparison between Kirk `s library and, for example the VSL, Kirk`s library lives, the VSL to my ears sounds lifeless.

Yeah yeah, just my 2 cents!

Kirk, if you read this I think I know what you are thinking about me, if you remember me.....? .....My marching-demo... .

You are right, but give me a chance, please! After a looooong delay, very sooooon! Ok?

To the others here: Kirk`s older Emerald library is also great to use for realistic sounding virtuel marchingbands!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    As I said in many other threads and many other forums: in comparison between Kirk `s library and, for example the VSL, Kirk`s library lives, the VSL to my ears sounds lifeless.

Yeah yeah, just my 2 cents!

Kirk, if you read this I think I know what you are thinking about me, if you remember me.....? .....My marching-demo... .

You are right, but give me a chance, please! After a looooong delay, very sooooon! Ok?

To the others here: Kirk`s older Emerald library is also great to use for realistic sounding virtuel marchingbands!

Gunther
    Gunther, I have to agree with you. His library is easy to make things come alive. I also have the App strings, but I find it sometimes they are hard to bring the emotion out of, and they are a superb library dont get me wrong. I would like to hear more only string demos on Kirks site. Especially the concert strings only. My two cents also. Best, Joseph

Thumbs up Re: Thank you Kirk Hunter

Thanx Kirk

I also have App. strings and EWQL and HALion Strings and Miroslav and I'm hooked on Kirk's strings. Seriously. I love playing these things. I get so much feedback and expression it's like playing a real instrument not a dead sample. The scripts are really the key the expressive quality. Like I said, I only have Sapphire but I'm using it in combination with the big libraries because I NEED some feeling in my music and Kirk's strings soar above the rest.

Well done Kirk. Now if I can get paid for some of the music I'm doing lately, I just might be able to upgrade to Emerald or even Diamond!

Quote Originally Posted by davecos View Post
    I also have App. strings and EWQL and HALion Strings and Miroslav and I'm hooked on Kirk's strings. Seriously. I love playing these things. I get so much feedback and expression it's like playing a real instrument not a dead sample. The scripts are really the key the expressive quality. Like I said, I only have Sapphire but I'm using it in combination with the big libraries because I NEED some feeling in my music and Kirk's strings soar above the rest.

Well done Kirk. Now if I can get paid for some of the music I'm doing lately, I just might be able to upgrade to Emerald or even Diamond!
    Wow, that hit home. The same here. I tip my hat off to you sir for your post. Womderful comments Davecos. Best, Joseph

Go Back to forum