• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free gig's

Free gig\'s

Free gigs always seem to attract attention...

We\'ve uploaded a small free hammered dulcimer sample and a hobo on my site.

The original hammered dulcimer sample in Post Piano Suite vol. 1 never had loops, so it always cut the sound immediately at the sample end (after 4 sec). I made loops in the instrument, which can be downloaded at:

The hobo is at: http://www.postaudiomedia.com/free/hobo.gig

Have fun!

Re: Free gig\'s

BTW the hobo is an organ patch from the Post Organ Toolkit, you\'ll have to add a large reverb to get the feeling of a church organ playing!

Hi Michiel,

Thanks for sharing this with us! I like the Hobo program (no velocity, yep, that\'s the organ feel).

Is this Dulcimer Gig just an extracted version? I mean, it\'s based on only 3 waves...

the Dulcimer sample dates back from the pre-giga days (you remember the previous century?)
    It was an Akai (30kHz/mono) recording with clicks and pops. I updated this small file for a customer and decided to put it out for free.

Thanks Michiel,

Downloading. Will check them out later

Really...I am an Idiot

Hey Michiel, thanks so much. free is always good, and the hammered dulcimer sounds excellent to boot. I iwll no doubt find use for this sample.

Question: I know very little about the hammered dulcimer. Do it\'s players have a ways of damping strings? I notice this sample has a long ringing sustain which makes a bit of a harmonic mess out of faster runs. Just curious. And again, thanks.

The hammered dulcimer is mainly a pecrcussive instrument. Do the players have a ways of damping strings? When they have a hand free they might damp the strings. Normally they don\'t. The samples release stage is quite long, you may try to avoid problems by shortening the release a bit.

[This message has been edited by Michiel Post (edited 03-01-2002).]

Go Back to forum