• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Tomoko's Farewell

Tomoko's Farewell

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here in years. For those years, I have been virtually unable to compose. Those years were marked with unspeakable sadness in my life. It is only now that I have somehow found a way to put such sadness into music.

This piece represents sadness and experience that is incomprehensible. The title is "Tomoko-chan no Sayounara" (Tomoko's Farewell), and it is all GPO and realized in Digital Performer.

Even though the piece was inspired by sadness, that is not what it is really about; the piece is also full of tremendous hope, and that is why I am so happy to be posting here again.

Click, download, listen:

Re: Tomoko's Farewell

Hi, lontas

Out of so much despair can come the greatest and most human works.

There are definite nods to much sorrow, but as you stated, glimpses of hope. I also noted a child-like innocence in areas and grand cinematic swells of relief. Your brass writing is wonderful with just the right amount of chromatic touch. Reminded me of the golden era; the black and white movies of the 30's. The ending, of course, is very moving.

A wonderful piece!

Thanks for coming back and sharing this. Hopefully there is more to come from you.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

A wonderful composition!

It is very rich, deep, filled with all the different emotions that you experienced in the past and in the present!

It is beautifully presented and masterfully performed!

Thanks for posting!

Thank you for your kind comments you two! It means the world to me. I will be going through your sites and listening to your work as well.

Very emotional, moving music. Out of sorrow and despair sometimes we find an outlet through our art, as you have done here -- and done so beautifully and dramatically. Brilliant music.

Hello lontas!

I had wondered what had become of you, lontas, and it is indeed
    a pleasure to have you and your work back amongst us.

And what a return it is! This is absolutely gorgeous, from one
    sweeping end of it to the other. It is great sorrow and the burden
    of sadness that engender the most magnificent moments of hope,
    lontas... and this stunning work is testimony to that.

My best,

Thank you both for listening! I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

David, I'm flattered that you remember me from my previous work. Also, random question--is your screen name "etLux" a quote of Verdi's Requiem by chance? When I saw it, I immediately thought of when the choir sings "et lux..." on a I-iii chord progression...

A number of years ago, in a short span, I lost my wife, my job and my home. I can relate to sadness but also know that it does pass.

This piece draws a number of emotions, but you are right that sadness has little if anything to do with it.

This is very well written and sounds very dramatic. You have a great flair for dynamics.

Very well done

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Hi Lontas,

I am rather a new member and had never seen you here before. But this "returning" to the Listening Room is really great. From the very first few notes in the beginning I decided to listen more careful to this piece. You made a wonderful return. Don't ever go away for so long.... this is really some composition.

Hi lontos,

I'm a pretty new member to this forum and I have to agree with the others here...what BEAUTIFUL work! Sadness sometimes has a way of giving all of us hope in many different ways; and it is certainally reflected here in this.

As I listened, I felt the emotion that poured from each instrument; each speaking seperately but balancing together in such beautiful harmony! It gave me goosebumps!

Please don't stay away for so long. Your an extremely talanted composer and I very much look forward to hearing more of your works.

Supurb job on this lontos! Thank you for sharing.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast