• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 3 and VSL

Kontakt 3 and VSL

Hello everyone, sorry if this is a little off-topic (as Kontakt 3's a sampler, not a library), but I was curious if any of you have had any experience with K3's VSL orchestra. Specifically, I was wondering what instruments it includes and (especially) which ones appear in their legato versions. Also, any opinions on the VSL library or K3 in general are most wecome.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Kontakt 3 and VSL

Here you will find all the info you need. From page 31 you have a full list of the VSL instruments with all the details:

Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Thanks TARI, for the quick reply; I feel a little foolish that I couldn't find that PDF on NI's site.

So, it looks like nothing at all has been added since K2 (as far as VSL is concerned). How do the samples actually behave; are they better than the K2 versions, or basically the same? (I suspect that they are the same)
    Thanks in advance, you're all great!

Glad to help you Viper50BMG,

Basically it is the same, but now you can control some more parameters like ambience in every patch because all have been scripted. If you are thinking about upgrading to K3 only for VSL samples, it doesn't worth at all if you already have K2.
    There are some cool instruments in the big library that are useful. In 33 gb you will find something you will like for sure!
    I especially like (among others) the horns of the Band Section which are from Chris Hein. I used them in a demo I did for Retro Flute and really loved them. I am thinking of buying the full Chris Hein Horns after that.
    Also K3 has a best look and many more options for editing. I love it.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Are the VSL samples included with Kontakt3 24 bit samples?

I think the VSL samples in K2 were 16 bit, but I'm not sure if this is the case.

Just curious.

They are 16bits as well in K3.

Go Back to forum