• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX - Load your own samples as sound menus?

Share/Bookmark

RMX - Load your own samples as sound menus?

Hello everyone and sorry if this has already been covered,
    Is there a way to make RMX behave like ROM player? I have some drums samples (one shots) that I'd like to use within RMX as sound menus.
    I found a rather tricky method of doing it using Recycle 2.0, I was wondering if there'd be a more straightforward way to do this.
    Thanks,
    RaGe

Re: RMX - Load your own samples as sound menus?

nope
    Recycle is the only way to get your own samples into RMX.

best
    Hans

thanks hans,
    the recycle method works just fine
    the only thing is in RMX the slices are not played "one shot", i have to hold the key to have a slice play all the way thru

Yeah...true...it works very well for one shot drum samples (I have converted some of the Akai MPC stuff).

For longer samples play a little with the release slider in the Amp Envelope section, and/or make edit groups for those samples that need a longer release times.

In that way you can set them up as "one shots".

Have fun.

Yes that's what I did, raise the release time on the amp envelope. It's perfect now!
    Just spent 4 hours converting a few thousand samples. It was worth the effort since I use RMX as my main axe for all things drums. I didn't want to have to invest in another solution like Battery just for one-shot drums.

RMX is the best!!!!

Question Re: RMX - Load your own samples as sound menus?

Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Just spent 4 hours converting a few thousand samples.
    That sounds pretty fast! I'd heard it is a slow process so that's put me off doing it myself so far. I'd also heard that the results are a bit unpredictable, that you have to check each loop individually, and you usually have to tweak each loop a bit to get it well sliced for RMX.

What kind of source material were you using? Were you just converting single samples, or also audio loops to RMX format? I'd be interested to know.

I wish Recycle would do batch converting.

Thanks

Nigel

I did load samples by the hundreds a track in Nuendo and bounced each track
    Indeed, converting these tracks in Recycle was the most tedious but a quick visual check was enough to correct the very few missed points.
    Then the rest of the process was straightforward.
    No loops, only one shots

Go Back to forum