• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: Nymph of diana

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Red face Nymph of diana

    Hello, everybody! Here is my recently composed

    NYMPH OF DIANA

    On a clear calm night under the moon, one of Diana's nymphs, Sylvia and her attendants are dancing before the shrine of Eros, the God of Love, to celebrate the success of their hunt. The Shephard Aminta, who has been hiding in the woods, comes out and declares his love for her. Howewer, Sylvia is outraged as she has promised to renounce love. In order to punish Eros for his mischievous trick, Sylvia draws her bow at him. But Aminta, in shielding the statue, is pierced to the heart. Eros retaliates by shooting Sylvia, making her fall in love with the dying Aminta. When Sylvia mourns the death of Aminta, Orion, the evil hunter, who has been inflamed by Sylvia's beauty, captures and carries her off to his island cave. Meanwhile, Eros appears as a cloaked stranger, brings Aminta to life and sends him in search of Sylvia.

  2. #2

    Re: Nymph of diana

    Hey there Mr. Fred,

    Very smooth and lush writing; steadfast in it's dynamics and range.
    You've created such a whimsical stage for your characters!
    The intensity of your work cleverly increases slightly as your ancient love story unravels to display great drama.

    A different tone of work from you as of late. As always, very polished and professional!

    Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,024

    Re: Nymph of diana

    Hey, Fredrik

    I finally got time to listen to some of you story music.

    You're a talented story teller and composer which makes for something special.

    I hope to be able to hear more of your work.

    Great stuff!


    Phil

  4. #4

    Cool Re: Nymph of diana

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hey, Fredrik

    I finally got time to listen to some of you story music.

    You're a talented story teller and composer which makes for something special.

    I hope to be able to hear more of your work.

    Great stuff!


    Phil
    Hi again, Phil!

    This music was inspired after I went to the theater with my wife a week ago. She is crazy about ballet! I'm not particularly interested in this kind of classic dancing, but I love to sit and listen to how those masters of the past deal with their orchestration. The story is not mine! I copied it from the program sheet from the ballet we went to called, "Sylvia", by the French composer, Leo Delibes. It was really fun, and he hade some passages that made fun of Wagner's Valkyries--part 2 of Wagner's Ring.
    So the following days, I got inspired to compose something that I would imagine could inspire a conventional and conservative audience like that

    Thanks for listening, I had a lot of fun composing after a fairy-tale like story!

    Fred

  5. #5

    Cool Re: Nymph of diana

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Hey there Mr. Fred,

    Very smooth and lush writing; steadfast in it's dynamics and range.
    You've created such a whimsical stage for your characters!
    The intensity of your work cleverly increases slightly as your ancient love story unravels to display great drama.

    A different tone of work from you as of late. As always, very polished and professional!

    Michael
    Hi again Michael,

    Yes! I enjoyed experimenting with the music, by telling the story with different instruments like the oboe for ex, in lyrical parts, flute in poetic episodes, french horns, in heroic parts.
    This was inspired by visiting the local theater some days ago. You can read the full story in my reply to Phil. The composer was Leo Delibes. It was interesting to hear his music for the first time. I love to discover new classic composers. Right now, me and my wife have ordered several Lully, barock operas that we are going to enjoy together soon! Jean-Baptiste Lully is such a fantastic composer, very proud and forceful music from the court of Louis XIV.

    Well! thank you Michael, for another splendid review!
    You make me wanna write another episode in my Diana.

    Fred

  6. #6

    Re: Nymph of diana

    You seem lately to be moving toward a different
    disposition in your writing, Fredrik; an inclusion of
    a subtle but undeniable Impressionistic influence,
    with more float in the harmonic approach and
    greater extension of the duration and breadth of
    individual thoughts... and most of all, an implicit
    uncertainty that creates a tension of anticipation.

    Most interesting piece, my friend!

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

  7. #7

    Re: Nymph of diana

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    You seem lately to be moving toward a different
    disposition in your writing, Fredrik; an inclusion of
    a subtle but undeniable Impressionistic influence,
    with more float in the harmonic approach and
    greater extension of the duration and breadth of
    individual thoughts... and most of all, an implicit
    uncertainty that creates a tension of anticipation.

    Most interesting piece, my friend!

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hi again David,

    quote:"more float in the harmonic approach"

    Yes, I like to experiment and dive down to places where I have never been before.

    Thanks again for inspiring comment.

    Fred

  8. #8

    Re: Nymph of diana

    Fred

    You always tell great stories thru your music and this one is no exception.

    Well done

    Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

    http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

  9. #9

    Smile Re: Nymph of diana

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Fred

    You always tell great stories thru your music and this one is no exception.

    Well done

    Ron
    Much appreciated, Ron!

    You and Michael the Wiktorious, are my faithful knights, dating back to the days of YC battleground, lol!


    Thanks for inspiring words,


    Fred

  10. #10

    Re: Nymph of diana

    lol !!
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •