• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX - Liquid Grooves - in 6/8

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX - Liquid Grooves - in 6/8

Hi all, I seem to remember a discussion some time back about the best way of arranging stylus rmx grooves in time sigs other than 4/4.
    I'm specifically concerned with liquid grooves in 6/8.

Can anyone point me in the direction of that thread ( I've searched but can't find it) or give me any good tips beyond simply re-quantizing the slices, which can work of course, but still requires a lot of slice re-organization.

It seems a shame that there is only 1 specifically 6/8 groove in Liquid Grooves (080 Euphrates 6_8) - it would have been nice to have had triplet versions of ALL the grooves (bit greedy I know )

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Jim
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Re: Stylus RMX - Liquid Grooves - in 6/8

I always use 'slice mode' in these circumstances because it's the quickest fix. You just start at the bottom slice on the keyboard and work up, leaving out the occasional slice to preserve the accents. With your daw set up in 6/8 bars obviously! Or just throw them all up in the air - it's quite difficult to make it sound rubbish, whatever you do!

best

Barrie

Re: Stylus RMX - Liquid Grooves - in 6/8

Quote Originally Posted by croftish View Post
    Hi all, I seem to remember a discussion some time back about the best way of arranging stylus rmx grooves in time sigs other than 4/4.
    I'm specifically concerned with liquid grooves in 6/8.

Can anyone point me in the direction of that thread ( I've searched but can't find it) or give me any good tips beyond simply re-quantizing the slices, which can work of course, but still requires a lot of slice re-organization.

It seems a shame that there is only 1 specifically 6/8 groove in Liquid Grooves (080 Euphrates 6_8) - it would have been nice to have had triplet versions of ALL the grooves (bit greedy I know )

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Jim
    Jim, it is really pretty easy to make many of these into 6/8 by re-quantizing and deleting/adding MIDI notes.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum