• Register
  • Help

Topic: Saving & loading aria files in Macintosh

Share/Bookmark

Saving & loading aria files in Macintosh

Hi,

I just got my Steinway standard version and am enjoying it, but have some questions. Foremost: I am having trouble trying to save and load my settings.

I have saved several Aria files, then used the "open" option in the "file" menu to navigate to the aria documents. (The Mac edition says "open" instead of "load.")

But when the aria documents show up in the "load aria file" window, they're grayed-out, unavailable for opening. Do they need to have a certain extension? If so, what?

Thanks,
    Bruce

Re: Saving & loading aria files in Macintosh

Quote Originally Posted by brucesiegel View Post
    Hi,

I just got my Steinway standard version and am enjoying it, but have some questions. Foremost: I am having trouble trying to save and load my settings.

I have saved several Aria files, then used the "open" option in the "file" menu to navigate to the aria documents. (The Mac edition says "open" instead of "load.")

But when the aria documents show up in the "load aria file" window, they're grayed-out, unavailable for opening. Do they need to have a certain extension? If so, what?

Thanks,
    Bruce
    They should have .aria extensions. Im surprised they are not created by default.
    once the extension is there, you can also try to drag the aria files straight into the UI.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Re: Saving & loading aria files in Macintosh

Thanks, David! That did the trick. For some reason—at least in Macintosh—the files are saved with no default extension at all.

Bruce

Go Back to forum