• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2009 and the Garritan Galaxy of Products

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2009 and the Garritan Galaxy of Products

I just received Finale 2009, and all of the Garritan products work. The old products work fine (KP2,) the new Aria sounds work, and even the Steinway works (with a patch.) And they can work at the same time!

Great work in coordination between Garritan, MM, and Plogue!!!

Keith Walls

Re: Finale 2009 and the Garritan Steinway

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW View Post
    I just received Finale 2009, and all of the Garritan products work. The old products work fine (KP2,) the new Aria sounds work, and even the Steinway works (with a patch.) And they can work at the same time!

Great work in coordination between Garritan, MM, and Plogue!!!

Keith Walls
    Yes, the patch is required for people who have both Finale2009 and Steinway on OSX.
    Please PM me if you need it.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Re: Finale 2009 and the Garritan Galaxy of Products

It should also be mentioned(I already mentioned this in the ARIA engine thread) that the ARIA player and the 300 or so Garritan instruments in Finale 2009 DO work in any VST capable host. Not just Finale. I got my copy yesterday not expecting that to be possible since David didn't think it would(he was only guessing). But sure enough, it does!

Plus, since it loads SFZ files, it makes for a very nice lightweight sample player!

Brent

Re: Finale 2009 and the Garritan Galaxy of Products

Quote Originally Posted by koolkeys View Post
    ... the ARIA player and the 300 or so Garritan instruments in Finale 2009 DO work in any VST capable host. Not just Finale.
    Yay! Good to hear that. My copy of Finale 2009 is waiting for me at home.

This was one my only real concern about Finale 2009, since it took quite a bit of finagling to get the Finale 2008 Garritan Instruments (using Kontakt 2 Player) to work in REAPER -- but I was able to manage it eventually, and I was hoping that the same could be done with the Aria player.

I'm looking forward to testing it all out.

EDIT: I just installed it -- the installation was smooth as silk. I like the simplified look and feel of the Aria player. I converted a few older pieces of music from Kontakt 2 Player to Aria. All went fine, and they play back perfectly. I can't wait to play with it some more!
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Go Back to forum