• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: When can i buy Omnisphere?

Share/Bookmark

When can i buy Omnisphere?

Hi.

I know Omnisphere will be released on september 15 but can I actually go to my local store and buy it that day? Since I live in Norway and the closest Spectrasonics distributor is located in Sweden I guess the package has to do a lot of traveling before it reaches my local store. The reason I ask this is that I plan to take a week off from work so I can play around with Omnisphere and they need a four week notice. I don't want to risk taking a week off and Omnisphere hasn't arrived yet.

-Ranietz-

Re: When can i buy Omnisphere?

Ranietz

No idea - but I'd like to know too. It would also be nice if we could pre-order it and have it shipped to us by the 15th!

Probably won't happen - but we can hope....

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kiel View Post
    Ranietz

No idea - but I'd like to know too. It would also be nice if we could pre-order it and have it shipped to us by the 15th!

Probably won't happen - but we can hope....

Tim
    Ditto. So Eric whats the verdict ?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

If you get Omnisphere new from our Distributor in Sweden, it may be possible for them have it in stock on September 15th (hopefully!)

When the stores have them in stock depends on a number of factors, so that's difficult to say. Probably all dealers worldwide will have them in the stores after the 15th, since they go to the distributors first.

If you are upgrading from Atmosphere, that will come from Spectrasonics directly. We will be opening the upgrade pre-ordering at our online techshop around the 8th of September and then it would depend on when those units go out the door here and shipping method the customer selected, etc.

Hope that's useful! Obviously, it's not possible to be 100% precise at this point.

spectrum

Hi Eric

Will you or your distributors be accepting pre-orders, so for example can I order from the Spectrasonics shop or would I be better off ordering from TimeSpace in the UK?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kiel View Post
    Hi Eric

Will you or your distributors be accepting pre-orders, so for example can I order from the Spectrasonics shop
    We only sell the upgrades for Atmosphere users direct in the Spectrasonics techshop. Boxed units are sold exclusively through our distributor/dealer network.

or would I be better off ordering from TimeSpace in the UK?
    If you are not an Atmosphere user, then yes.

Thanks Eric

Roll on September....

Thanks for the reply Eric. I have Atmosphere so I guess I'll be ordering directly from the Spectrasonics shop. I ordered the Stylus RMX SAGE expander bundle from you around christmas last year and the delivery took around 2 weeks (it was christmas after all) so I guess I can calculate a delivery time of one week or so. It looks like I'll be postponing my vacation by a week then.

-Ranietz-

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    We only sell the upgrades for Atmosphere users direct in the Spectrasonics techshop. Boxed units are sold exclusively through our distributor/dealer network.

Does that mean the upgrades won't be box-shipped? I for one would welcome saving the shipping costs even if it means a 24-hour download for the big library.

Given the huge Atmosphere User base, I would imagine that maybe 90% of Omnisphere buyers could be upgrade customers. Presumably Spectrasonics are ready for the huge demand.

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W View Post
    Does that mean the upgrades won't be box-shipped? I for one would welcome saving the shipping costs even if it means a 24-hour download for the big library.
    No...it's definitely NOT downloadable. 40gig is just a bit too big for a download product I think. :-)

The upgrade package includes the packet of DVDs and the booklet, but not the big box.

Given the huge Atmosphere User base, I would imagine that maybe 90% of Omnisphere buyers could be upgrade customers.
    Not necessarily. People made the same prediction about the Stylus Classic to Stylus RMX upgrade when we did that, but since the new instrument (RMX) appealed to a lot wider group of users, upgrades actually only represented a very small percentage of our sales....even though Stylus was the best-selling instrument plug-in of all time when we did the RMX upgrade.

We think the same will be true for Omnisphere, because it's so much more of a vast and unlimited instrument in musical scope than Atmosphere. So the majority of sales will very likely be brand new users, just like it was for RMX.

Presumably Spectrasonics are ready for the huge demand.l
    Oh yeah! :-)

Hopefully the dealers will be too and they'll get their ordering in with us early.

spectrum

Go Back to forum