• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chris Hein - Horns Vol.2 => playing Salsa

Chris Hein - Horns Vol.2 => playing Salsa

here is a little Salsa performed by Rudi Leitner with CHH Vol.2.

Out of the 16 instuments in CHH Vol.2, he used:
    2 x Trumpets
    2 x Trombones
    1 x Bariton Saxophone

The brass are played live and then edited with key-switches and effects.

When Rudi sent me he track, I really had problems to concentrate on the Horns
    because I like the percussion so much. All percussions are played live.
    So, if you ever need a latin-percussion track for your production,
    ask me or Rudi Leitner. :-)

Any comments?
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass

Re: Chris Hein - Horns Vol.2 => playing Salsa

Rudi rocks and your horns rule!
    what a great couple!

Hi Chris,

sounds cool! Ha, I love this Salsa music.... .

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Yes really enjoyable, both the composition and your instruments.

I'm sure that with CHH2 you're once again going to release another outstanding library ....
    I'm really looking forward to it.

I recently read somewhere (....) that "all the major sound developers have developed their own (sampler) software".

Well, at the time I did not judge appropriate to post in order to comment this "truth", and still don't, but hearing this demo, and -in addition- enjoying your libs on a daily basis, I just want to say that even though "you did'nt develop your own software", you've IMO easily and really earned a seat among these few people who really brought a lot of valuable, innovative, useful things to the sampling lib industry.
    Don't know (and don't care) if "major" is the right word for this or not, but anyway, hats up, Chris !

Oh yeah go chris... especialy solo the horns realy come out nicely....
    good fun..

MacBook Pro; 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo;
    2 GB SDRAM; Logic Pro; Lacie 350 GB HD;

When can we expect to see CHH 2 ?

I finally got the time to sit down and make some performances in Bidule that I share w/ Gigastudio sections.

At first I thought I would be layering some things, but your library stands on it's own very well, Hat's Off.

I use First Call and Screaming Trumpet along with CHH 1 and finally have the types of sections I need to cover the gigs I do.

Your saxophones are so powerful I had to use a quality DSP Filter called LP Butter just to trim it down a tad.

Excellent work. I need CHH 2, and I don't care who is going out of business in the sampler world. I have converted samples back and forth for years. I just follow the developers I like and that suits me fine.

You are such a tease! I love Vol. 1, and like the last post use it with Screaming Trumpet, First Call, and occasionally Kick A** Brass and get great results, but these instruments just sound so playable! Any hint as to when we might get Vol. 2? (Or do you need a beta tester who wants to use it live in an off-B'way show in the next two months?)

Go Back to forum