• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: something you might be interested in...

Share/Bookmark

something you might be interested in...

Here\'s a very short demo from a huge library I am working on right now....

This is coming straight out of GS with the good ol\' NFR reverb on it. As a matter of fact I\'m playing this demo with the mouse and not even from the keyboard!
    http://www.dssoundware.com/sounds/SAX.mp3

PS...no LFO\'s to answer your first question

Donnie

Re: something you might be interested in...

You are a brave man, Donnie.

And I can understand why you said it\'s going to be a huge library. There are so many nuances in a great solo sax performance... so many different things that can be done. I think that it is the instrument that comes closest to the human voice.

Having said that, the samples sound really nice. The fast runs still seem a bit synthetic, but what the hell do I expect from a mouse performance. And I would guess that such fast runs will be addressed with separate samples.

Good luck.

PS - I\'m looking forward to getting LOP as soon as I can nail down a bit of cash for my studio upgrade / overhaul to Logic.

Hey Donnie,
    One word: incredible!!!!

I second that!

Very nice indeed Donnie . Best sax I\'ve heard so far.

Hey Donnie,

I like the sound of that sax! Is this library only going to have one kind of sax, or several?
    Also, congrats on your remake of the Prosonous Orchestral. It is my first library ever, and I think that for a full orchestra there\'s no better price/quality ratio out there. Why isn\'t it being promoted better? I think it deserves it!
    Keep up the good work

As sax is my primary instrument, I don\'t really have a need for a sax library. However the sustained sound on the library sounds excellent.

As someone said the fast runs sound synthetic, but perhaps that is the effect of using the mouse and not a keyboard.

Great stuff Donnie! I guess tweaking this in a midi sequencer can make the fast passages sound more realistic. Sounds like a winner.

Thomas

Nice sound Donnie.

Will there be any player input as far as vibrato speed? (I\'m not for a moment suggesting you use LFOs.)

Impressive samples, I like the vibrato fade-in.

Too bad it\'s a sax.

Go Back to forum