• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Thomas J. Bergersen's new compositions featuring The Trumpet

Share/Bookmark

Thomas J. Bergersen's new compositions featuring The Trumpet

Dear friends,

Two outstanding new pieces, composed and performed by Thomas J. Bergersen, featuring The Trumpet, have been posted in our demos section: http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/demos.php

Enjoy !

Giorgio Tommasini & Peter Siedlaczek

Re: Thomas J. Bergersen's new compositions featuring The Trumpet

great compositions ( as usual with TJB , i've never heard a music by him that I didnt love ! )
    but how much is The Trumpet, for example in "an awfully big adventure" ? Because in this one the trumpets sound absolutely GREAT, but is it really the trumpet ONLY or is it a mixture of real trumpets and The Trumpet, because in that case it's not really representative of the product

Thanks for clarifying

John,

thanks for your appreciation. TJB performances remain kinda secret, belonging more to the world of art, than to that of virtual instruments.
    Please have a look at the following thread in v.i. control forum, where he replies to a similar question: "Thomas J. Bergersen's new compositions featuring The Trumpet".

We can, however, personally attest that the smoking trumpet played by the Devil is a real Samplemodeling.

Giorgio & Peter

Thomas,

as I said in other places: I am very, very impressed from your demos!

Please allow me one question: How many different orchestra-libraries have you mixed here in this great demos?

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hi all,

Of course, a nice piece from Thomas, as usually.
    But Giorgio, as Gunther said, are there real trumpets with "The Trumpet" ?
    For the rest of the orchestration, only real instruments or other sampled libraries used ?
    (we all know that only one section of virtual instrument "lost" in a real orchestral formation seems more real than if it used in an sampled libraries orchestration. Wathever, "The Trumpet" is really amazing).

Did

Thanks Did,

TJB kindly explained that "the Trumpet music was done exclusively with samples, and in the case of the adventure piece The Trumpet was treated as a close miced layer on top of my custom trumpet ensemble samples in order to enhance realism and detail."

Best,

Giorgio

Question Re: Thomas J. Bergersen's new compositions featuring The Trumpet

Giorgio,

Just to be clear, the custom trumpet ensemble samples you mentioned above are or are not in the THE TRUMPET VSTi package?

Thanks,

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Mr. Anxiety,

I thought it was clear enough that "my custom ensemble samples" does not refer to The Trumpet VI.

Giorgio

Yes, it is always great pleasure to listen new music from Thomas. I really liked the "Devil" song with "John Powellish" influences.

Great job!
    Passion for Sound
    http://www.soundreel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio Tommasini View Post
    ...."my custom ensemble samples" ...
    Giorgio
    Sounds cooool, Giorgio!

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i