• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Studio problem!!

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Studio problem!!

i'm using Garritan Studio with Sibilus 4..but apparently only the first two player slot out of 8 works? Is this because of lack of memory problem or what?

I'm sure i i enter the correct channel in siblius but only the instruments in the first two players work.

Re: Garritan Studio problem!!

Hi ywwonglp,

Can you give us a little bit more to go on? Are you getting an error or just no playback?

Be advised there's a free update available to the Kontakt Player2 version of GPO. This update removes the need for studio, and can be accessed through your account on the Native instruments website. There's more information on the process available on this thread.

Best,
    Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post

Be advised there's a free update available to the Kontakt Player2 version of GPO. This update removes the need for studio, and can be accessed through your account on the Native instruments website. There's more information on the process available on this thread.

Reegs
    This update does not remove the need for Studio!! It removes the ability to use Studio, and has caused me no end of trouble. I can no longer use GPO products with Sibelius without purchasing a new version of Sibelius (limited GPO) or purchasing the full version of KP. This update has taken away a capability I had, and used and it troubles me greatly. I have the current KP for Garritan products, because it is necessary for the band library -- which I have yet to use. I also used Studio as a playback device on the Sibelius site, and now can not do that, either. I am seriously considering uninstalling the band library to regain access to Studio.

Richard

I've set all the channels matching the one in sibelius to the one in GPO studio. But only the first two player would work and sound but not others.
    THere's no error message, just no playback from sibelius

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    This update does not remove the need for Studio!! It removes the ability to use Studio, and has caused me no end of trouble. I can no longer use GPO products with Sibelius without purchasing a new version of Sibelius (limited GPO) or purchasing the full version of KP. This update has taken away a capability I had, and used and it troubles me greatly. I have the current KP for Garritan products, because it is necessary for the band library -- which I have yet to use. I also used Studio as a playback device on the Sibelius site, and now can not do that, either. I am seriously considering uninstalling the band library to regain access to Studio.

Richard
    Richard, in theory you should be able to run both KP2 and KP1 versions of GPO simultaneously. It takes some maneuvering of files and a specific manner of installation. I haven't done it, but I'll play around with and see if I can get a method to work.

You should also be able to use the KP2 version for Scorch playback. I have just confirmed this. To make it work, download a set of virtual midi cables, such as Maple and then set the output of scorch to Port 1 of these. Under the File>Audio MIDI setup in KP2 standalone, enable only this port. You can then load a multi or your own set of instruments. It'll take some guess work to find which channels correspond to which instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by ywwonglp View Post
    I've set all the channels matching the one in sibelius to the one in GPO studio. But only the first two player would work and sound but not others.
    THere's no error message, just no playback from sibelius
    ywwonglp,

What instruments do you have loaded in the first two players and what's loaded in the others? Perhaps the first two are not modwheel sensitive instruments, but the rest are? There's an option under one of the menu bars in the studio application to ignore mod data. If you check that, does it help with playback?

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Richard, in theory you should be able to run both KP2 and KP1 versions of GPO simultaneously. It takes some maneuvering of files and a specific manner of installation. I haven't done it, but I'll play around with and see if I can get a method to work.

You should also be able to use the KP2 version for Scorch playback. I have just confirmed this. To make it work, download a set of virtual midi cables, such as Maple and then set the output of scorch to Port 1 of these. Under the File>Audio MIDI setup in KP2 standalone, enable only this port. You can then load a multi or your own set of instruments. It'll take some guess work to find which channels correspond to which instruments.

Well, if you can show me the way, I will be forever in your debt. I really miss GPO Studio. Scorch playback was the most important use for me, but occasionally I used it with Sibelius.

Richard

I really miss GPO Studio.

Richard
    I have to agree with you, Richard. I used to use GPO Studio and never had any problems whatsoever using it with my sequencing program Record Producer, which was the only DAW program I ever needed. Very simple to use. Since the update to Kontakt 2, I'm forced to use the virtual midi cables (Maple), but tracks can no longer be recorded. I finally started to figure out how to use Cubasis VST that came with Garritan Personal Orchestra, but I can't get my soundcard (M-Audio 2496) to record any audio record tracks.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Lightbulb Procedure for GPO KP1 and KP2 Simultaneous Use

Well, if you can show me the way, I will be forever in your debt. I really miss GPO Studio. Scorch playback was the most important use for me, but occasionally I used it with Sibelius.

Okay, I've managed to get both KP1 and KP2 to work (on PC). Your mileage may vary and there may be other ways to get it to work, but here is how I've done it. Set aside a good 2 hours for installations.

Programs/CDs you'll need:
    Original GPO DVD/CDs
    Original installation media for other KP2 libraries (JABB, CoMB, AIR, Chris Hein Guitars, etc)
    Garritan Studio v.2.0 - Located here on the Garritan website under downloads.
    NI Service Center v.2.02 - Located here on the Native Instruments website under support.
    GPO 1.1.8.3 Update Installer (if GPO came on a CD)*
    GPO KP2 2.2.3 Installer*
    KP2 2.2.4 Update Installer*
    *You’ll need to be logged in on the Native Instruments website to download these three. They’re located under Updates.

Your original GPO serial number
    Your GPO-KP2 upgrade serial number - Found using the “What's this?” link under the above-mentioned Updates page if you don’t already have it.

Procedure to Use GPO-Kontakt Player 1 and Kontakt Player 2 simultaneously:

Step 1: Read all instructions before proceeding.

Step 2: Gather all the materials listed above.

Step 3: Remove every trace of Kontakt (Player), Native Instruments, and Garritan from your computer.
    Uninstall anything that uses the Kontakt Player 2 (e.g. CoMB, Chris Hein Guitars), anything that says Garritan (e.g. Studio), and anything from NI that might interfere. This includes the Service Center and Registration Tool apps. If you own full-fledged Kontakt2 or 3, Absynth or FM8, those can stay. Additionally, I did a registry search and removed all references to Kontakt Player 2. That may or may not be necessary.

Step 4: Restart your computer.

Step 5: Install GPO Kontakt Player 2 using the GPO KP2 2.2.3 Installer.
    Follow the on-screen instructions and install to the default directories. Make sure to install the library, standalone and VST plugin. RTAS and DXi are at your discretion. Do NOT install Service Center and do NOT allow the installer to Install or Run anything else at the end. The program should have installed to C:\Program Files\Garritan\GPO KP2 Library.

Step 6: Restart your computer.

Step 7: Install the Kontakt Player 2 2.2.4 Update.
    Follow the on-screen instructions and install to the default directory. Make sure to install the library, standalone and VST plugin. RTAS and DXi are at your discretion. Do NOT install Service Center and do NOT allow the installer to Install or Run anything else at the end.

Step 8: From your original GPO CDs/DVD, manually copy the three nks monolith files to the C:\Program Files\Garritan\GPO KP2 Library\ directory.
    The files are named GPO_Library_part1.nks, GPO_Library_part2.nks, and GPO_Library_part3.nks. Just drag and drop the files between the two folders.

Step 9: Install NI Service Center.
    Use the version 2.02 downloaded from the Native Instruments website, not the ones from anywhere else.

Step 10: Run Native Instruments Service Center. Activate GPO KP2 using your KP2 upgrade Serial number.
    On Vista, run it first as an administrator to allow the program to download its latest update version, but do not activate products in this mode. Exit and reopen the program as a regular user to activate the products this time and all future times.

Step 11: Install all other KP2 libraries, such as JABB, CoMB, and The Stradivari Solo Violin.
    As with the GPO KP2 installation, use default paths and never allow the installer to install or run Service Center or the programs after.

Step 12: Authorize all other KP2 libraries using the service center as detailed in Step 10.

Step 13: Verify the successful working of all KP2 programs.
    Check both standalone and VST modes.

Step 14: Restart your computer.

Step 15a: Install GPO-KP1 using your installation CD/DVDs and the setup.exe located on it.
    Depending on your version of GPO, following the default paths may or may not be OK. Ensure that the program installs to C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra, and NOT a C:\Program Files\Garritan directory. Make sure to install the library, standalone and VST plugin. RTAS and DXi are at your discretion. Do NOT install Service Center or the Registration tool at the end, and do NOT run the program at end.

Step 15b: Run the Update Installer to 1.1.8.3 if necessary.
    This is only necessary if your GPO came on a set of 4 CDs. Proceed to Step 16 otherwise.

Step 16: Using the NI Service Center application, authorize GPO KP1 with your original serial number.

Step 17: Verify working of the Standalone (and VST/DXi/RTAS modes, if applicable).

Step 18: Run the Garritan Studio 2 installer.

Step 19: Restart your computer.

Step 20: Run Garritan Studio.
    On Vista, you’ll need to run it as an administrator.

Step 21: See if Studio works with Scorch.
    You may need to configure the Scorch’s midi outputs menu.

Well, thank you very much. I will print your post and familiarize myself with it before attempting it. I will also make a backup of my system before making any changes. Safety first has saved me from many a loss and headache!

I am incredibly weary and having lots of arthritis pain, so it may be a day or two before I feel up to the task. But I will do it, as soon as I feel my body will allow my mind to function clearly. Getting your prompt reply has already made me feel somewhat better. Probably another quart of French Roast coffee will also help!

I will let you know of the results.

Richard
    Last edited by rwayland; 07-27-2008 at 11:42 PM. Reason: stupid syntax

so what would be the solution to the garritan studio problem?
    I still can't figure out a way to use all 8 players in the garritan studio...what should i do?

Go Back to forum