• Register
  • Help

Topic: a little help, please

Share/Bookmark

Question a little help, please

Hello the withering forum,

I am getting a constant message after windows saves me from grievous errors ( like a bungee chord) about two or three times a week. Besides the saved message it asks - would you like to remove all drivers associated with Gigastudio? Is this message a clue? Or maybe just a lingering love-tap from the rudely departed Giga software.

I do not use Gigastudio 3 because it does not work on this machine. I do use GVI. Can you point me to a clean uninstall of G3 Orchestra?

Next question. What does the message - out of virtual memory - need to be corrected? It directs me to help. Help brings up Cubase Manual. The manual has no index category describing virtual or memory. ( I am exporting midi to audio. Never had this message before. It showed up three and a half hours later on trying to export the 34th channel of 34 channels to whisper "this project cannot be saved". I hate fridays that end like that.

Any help please?

tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Re: a little help, please

You might be running out of ram in Cubase, try this- disable, don't mute, the first 33 tracks, assuming you don't need them whilst exporting the 34th.

Muting plays the track silently, there is processor overhead, disabling ignores the track completely. Then enable them afterwards.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Hey Derek,

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go .

Have a good weekend,
    tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Hi Tony:

Quote Originally Posted by jamiha View Post
    Next question. What does the message - out of virtual memory - need to be corrected?
    No idea what's causing this particular bit of weirdness.

You can manually tweak your "virtual memory settings" in Windows.

You can read about it in various places online... I see that musicxp.net now charges to view their Windows tweaking tips... but it's also addressed (although in not as much detail as I recall from musicxp.net) here:

http://www.xpfree.org/windows_xp_speedup.htm

As always, futzing with your Windows settings can make life beautiful or a disaster... back up all important stuff before trying anything "new" . . .
    — alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Hey Alan,

Thanks for the lead. Messing around in the registry is like climbing a spider web. Good to hear from you and thank you,

tony h

Quote Originally Posted by alanb View Post
    Hi Tony:

No idea what's causing this particular bit of weirdness.

You can manually tweak your "virtual memory settings" in Windows.

You can read about it in various places online... I see that musicxp.net now charges to view their Windows tweaking tips... but it's also addressed (although in not as much detail as I recall from musicxp.net) here:

http://www.xpfree.org/windows_xp_speedup.htm

As always, futzing with your Windows settings can make life beautiful or a disaster... back up all important stuff before trying anything "new" . . .
    tony h

Go Back to forum