• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: It's Time for Garritan Orchestration Challenge #18

Share/Bookmark

Arrow It's Time for Garritan Orchestration Challenge #18

Hi Folks,

As winner of the last Challenge, it is my pleasure to supply the theme for the 18th Garritan Orchestration Challenge! I wrote three melody candidates earlier in the month, passing them around to friends and family. I offer the top pick as the given melody for this challenge episode and hope that you enjoy weaving it into your work!

Here we go:

Link to MP3:
    http://www.wizardwalk.com/OrchestrationChallenges/GOC18Melody.mp3

Link to MIDI:
    http://www.wizardwalk.com/OrchestrationChallenges/GOC18Melody.mid

Link to Score PDF:
    http://www.wizardwalk.com/OrchestrationChallenges/GOC18Melody.pdf

The standard Challenge rules apply as outlined on Sean’s website: http://www.wizardwalk.com/Orchestrat...nges/index.htm and the
    target length for your composition should be around 2 minutes but try to keep it under 4 minutes as the upper limit. I propose we set the deadline for Sunday, September 28th at 11:59PM, using the time zone of your choice. All entries should be sent to Sean at the following address: seanthebest@gmail.com.

Many thanks to Sean Hannifin for administering the many aspects of producing the Garritan Orchestration Challenge.
    Good luck to all and I’m looking forward to hearing your entry!

Ken Weissman
    (RustyCrook)

Re: It's Time for Garritan Orchestration Challenge #18

Hi Everyone,

Even as the summer draws to a close, there’s well over 5 weeks left before the Garritan Orchestration Challenge #18 entries are due (September 28th) . . . . s-o-o-o-o, if you haven’t already started in on your piece, why not hum the given melody a few times over? If you do, I have a very strong feeling your creativity will take over from there! Come on, give it a shot – you’ll be glad you did!!

Ken

Fantastic!

I'll get started as soon as I can.
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Mines ready - SO THERE !!!!( I may live to regret this though)
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Mines ready too - I am posting this only as a reminder and to get this back closer to page 1.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Note to Sean, when your computer went phut! did you lose all our hard worked entries ? Do we need to start again ? ARRGGH
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    Note to Sean, when your computer went phut! did you lose all our hard worked entries ? Do we need to start again ? ARRGGH
    Thankfully I still have it, that's the nice thing about having used gmail. Whew!

I've only got the one entry so far, but of course there's still plenty of time!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Hi Folks,

Just a quick reminder that one week remains before the Orchestration Challenge #18 entries are due. The deadline is Sunday, September 28th at 11:59PM, using the time zone of your choice. All entries should be sent to Sean at the following address: seanthebest@gmail.com.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask -- chances are very good that someone else has those exact same questions!

Ken Weissman
    (RustyCrook)

Hi Everyone,

If you've been working on an entry for the Garritan Orchestration Challenge #18, please be sure to email your MP3 entry by the close of Sunday (today) to Sean Hannifin at seanthebest@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Ken

I've received three entries so far, so let me know if you'd like an extension as well... the more the merrier eh?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum