• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Steinway?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Steinway?

Hi,

I have True Pianos 1.4 at the moment which I have been very pleased with. I love it's ease of use, fast loading and low cpu usage. The piano sound is pretty good but is still behind the major multi-sample VSTi's such as the Garritan Steinway, Galaxy Grand II etc.

I'm trying to decide whether to sell True Pianos for the Garritan Steinway

I use quite a few VSTi's in my songs such as :-

EzDrummer x2, ManyBass, ManyGuitar, VB3, Sampletank 2 XL

My PC is a Core 2 Duo 2.4gHz with 4GB DDRII 800mhz RAM.

Would this be ok to run all of these VSTi's (sometimes more) and have a few tracks of vocals with some effects such as SIR, Voxengo Voxformer etc?

Would I notice a big decrease in loading times and amount of VSTi's / tracks I can do?

Are there any mp3 demos of the Garritan Steinway playing :-

Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody No 15

Debussy - Ballade Slave

Debussy - Arabesque No.1

Chopin - Etude in C sharp min Op10

Re: Garritan Steinway?

I would hold on to the True Pianos even if you purchase the Garritan Steinway. I use different pianos depending on the piece. Some call for a more subdued tone and some pieces call for a bright in your face tone. So the more pianos, the better.

I have the same processor and find the Garritan Steinway is very CPU efficient. I've used it in full orchestral pieces with no problems. Load times are pretty good for the size of the piano.

Jim

I haven’t tried the Garritan Steinway but, for me, Truepianos is by far more playable and better sounding than Galaxy II. Besides, you don’t need a lot of GBs or RAM. Truepianos v2 will include sympathetic resonance, a Steinway module, and it will be ready before the end of the year.

Ihaven’t tried the Garritan Steinway but, for me, Truepianos is by far more playable and better sounding than Galaxy II. Besides, you don’t need a lot of GBs or RAM. Truepianos v2 will include sympathetic resonance, a Steinway module, and it will be ready before the end of the year

Gonz- what are your issues with Galaxy II? i ask because i'm seriously considering getting it for my collection. i can see where true pianos would be superior for live performance vs a byte-heavy sample, but the demos on galaxy's website sound terrific for recording. thanks in advance for your thoughts....

The Garritan Steinway arrived today and I'm blown away with it!! It sounds simply stunning and is the most playable piano vsti I've tried!
    It is also very cpu efficient! I did a quick test track and I had Ezdrummer+Vintage Rock EZX & Latin Percussion EZX, Many Bass, Many Guitar, SampleTank 2XL, True Pianos and the Garritan Steinway all playing and my CPU was hitting around 10% and the densist parts. My computer is a Core 2 Duo 2.4gHz with 4GB RAM.

Go Back to forum