• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Question.

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO Question.

Would be possible to install my original copy of GPO on me new PC? Since the last updates, I have been unsuccessful at loading any instruments and using the new Kontack 2 player. I need the instruments now for a project or at least some of them such as the all too important "string" samples.
    Let me know will ya? Can ya? Do ya? Would ya? Cool, that's mighty nice of ya!
    I'm awaitin'.
    Styxx

Re: GPO Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Would be possible to install my original copy of GPO on me new PC? Since the last updates, I have been unsuccessful at loading any instruments and using the new Kontack 2 player. I need the instruments now for a project or at least some of them such as the all too important "string" samples.
    Let me know will ya? Can ya? Do ya? Would ya? Cool, that's mighty nice of ya!
    I'm awaitin'.
    Hello Styxx,

Well I've just done a full reformat and reinstall of GPO and Kontakt Player 2 and everything works perfectly.

I assume you mean the earlier version of GPO which uses KP1. The later versions of GPO come with KP2.

Just a thought, after installing GPO, the next step would be to install the KP2 version that updates both the library and KP2. I think some of the available updates update the Kontakt Player 2 only without updating the GPO library. In this case you wouldn't be able to load any instruments.

I believe there is a KP2.2.3 update that will update both the library and the player. After this I installed the KP2.2.4 which updated KP2 only.

Anyway this is what I did and it works perfectly.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: GPO Question.

Hi Styxx

There are a couple of updates available for GPO, and you'll need to start at the beginning to get GPO to load successfully into KP2.

Go to the NI website and use the updates page. For GPO, select "Garritan Personal Orchestra" when selecting a product to update (not "Garritan -Personal Orchestra KP2 Update"), then download "Garritan Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player 2.2.3 Win Update"
    This particular file has the updates not only for the Kontak2 player, but also the updates to the GPO library itself..

When you download the upgrade from KP1 to KP2, you also need to get a new serial number. The serial number is downloadable from the same page that you get the KP1->KP2 update. It is described as:
    "Serial number for Garritan Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player 2: Click the What's this/Info link!"

After installing that, go back to the update page and select "Garritan -Personal Orchestra KP2 Update" and get the updates there.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Go Back to forum