• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help a non-library guy make a drum instrument...

Share/Bookmark

Help a non-library guy make a drum instrument...

HI all,
    I made a simple drum kit yesterday & today to try out drums in GSt. It didn\'t seem to be too difficult to get something that basically worked about the way I wanted it.

This instrument was made from samples that I had previously been pasting directly in to Pro Tools. GSt is great because at a minimum it give me velocity sensitivity.

Anyway, the only problem I\'m having is that with each drum sample sound, I sort of hear (or think I hear) some sort of key effect changing the sample slightly. I know this description isnt great, but it seems like the samples are changing frequency slightly based on what key I assigned them to.

I have 6 cymbals linked to C5, D5, E5, F5, G5 & A5. I would swear that as I hit those keys in order, you sort of hear each sample being a slightly higher note...

I\'ve made them unity note regions, and dragged each region to only be one white note, but I still have the sense that there is something funny going on.

Does any of this make sense?????

Thanks guys,
    Mark

Re: Help a non-library guy make a drum instrument...

Unity note determines pitch relative to what Giga is told is the original recorded pitch.

If you\'re hearing samples play at the wrong pitch, one simple thing you can do is go to the sample page in case properties and uncheck \'pitch follow\'. This will cause the sample to play at its original recorded pitch. Don\'t forget to select all the samples you want to change and don\'t forget to use the apply button.

Also, if you are dragging and dropping wave samples from the wave pool into your region, use a right button mouse depression. Using right button tells the gigaeditor to ignore pitch.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Chadwick & Scott,
    Thanks guys. The \'Pitch Track\' did the trick.

I\'ll try and remember your suggestion Scott when I do my next library.

Thanks,
    Mark

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mark_Knecht:
    [B]

If you are still looking for odd-timed drum loops take a look at :
    http://www.multiloops.com/

Erik

[This message has been edited by Erik Nygaard (edited 02-27-2002).]

Erik,
    Thanks. Looks interesting. And PT demo sessions are a plus for me...

Cheers,
    Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark_Knecht (edited 02-27-2002).]

Go Back to forum