• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga stops. Advice needed

Share/Bookmark

Giga stops. Advice needed

Just back from my holliday, I read that Tascam will no longer support Gigastudio.
    I'm heavily depending on this program and I'm using GS3 on a separate CPU running many libraries.
    Amongst them VSL's Opus I and II, Epic Horns, Saxophones and other stuff like Sampletekk White sister. I was just going to install a new system and wanted to upgrade to GS4.
    I would like to hear your insights on how to proceed.
    What are my options?

Cheers,

Ruud Jan

Re: Giga stops. Advice needed

If its not broke dont fix it. Just use what you have and get kontakt for you future libraries. The problem is we will all have to go to vista sometime so I would try to start to import my existing things to Kontakt as I could. Im sure there will be lots of help here as a lot of people including me are in the same boat,

The only risk with GS3 is that if your machine dies or needs to be rebuilt, you will not be able to re-authorize it after 2008. You might upgrade just to get the GS4 dongle. That's managed by a 3rd party.

Then again, I hear that there are cracked versions available. I don't use them myself, but I don't see it as an ethical problem if it's the only way to use software that you already purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by RJBMusic View Post
    Just back from my holliday, I read that Tascam will no longer support Gigastudio.
    I'm heavily depending on this program and I'm using GS3 on a separate CPU running many libraries.
    Amongst them VSL's Opus I and II, Epic Horns, Saxophones and other stuff like Sampletekk White sister. I was just going to install a new system and wanted to upgrade to GS4.
    I would like to hear your insights on how to proceed.
    What are my options?

Cheers,

Ruud Jan
    All of the Vienna Horizon libraries were also developed for Kontakt. You should check with them about a possible crossgrade fee. Once moved into the Kontakt format, the Horizon libraries no longer need the Performance Tool since scripting replaced it.

Worra has a post someplace about letting you crossgrade for free to Kontakt.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Angry Re: Giga stops. Advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst View Post
    The only risk with GS3 is that if your machine dies or needs to be rebuilt, you will not be able to re-authorize it after 2008.....Then again, I hear that there are cracked versions available.
    If my machine dies or I want to upgrade, my only option is to use illegal software.
    Don't seem right.
    DAW: Dual Core 5200 4GB 160 IDE 320 SATA Sonar 4/GIGA: P4 3.0 1.5GB GS3 80 SATA 160 SATA GS Orchestra

If they are going to stop supporting it they will still have to provide some way to activate it or they might face a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMR View Post
    If my machine dies or I want to upgrade, my only option is to use illegal software.
    Don't seem right.
    Well as far as I'm concerned Giga is vaporware. You might as well do what it takes to continue using it.

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
    If they are going to stop supporting it they will still have to provide some way to activate it or they might face a lawsuit.
    How so?

I don't think they are even going to deal with the support tickets for GS4. I want my money back.

Go Back to forum