• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Note to Tascam

Share/Bookmark

Note to Tascam

Will someone in this community who is associated with Tascam please advise us paying, loyal customers as to your intentions for continued authorization after 2008?

We've invested many thousands of dollars in your format. We're all ears. Please speak up...
    Box 1: G5 dual 1.8, Tiger, DP5, motu424, Kontakt 3
    Box 2: Windows XP (32-bit) (Pentium 4, 320 GHz, 2G-RAM) running Gigastudio3 ONLY!
    Box 3: Windows XP (64-bit) Core duo quad (q6600), 4gb ram (667 Micron) running various VI-s
    Connections: Midi-Over-LAN, Gina-16s

Re: Note to Tascam

You might try your inquiry at www.tascamforums.com .

Funny thing is, there doesn't seem to be a helluva lot of activity going on over there... The last post about Gigastudio was back in May and it's about Gigastudio 3... It's possible at one point they had a gigastudio forum, but that has probably been removed...

Another funny thing is,
    this place use to be just a giga forum.

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins View Post
    You might try your inquiry at www.tascamforums.com .
    They can't even get that right.

OT: TASCAM FORUM

I purchased a Tascam controller and then had to pay to use their forum for support!?!? That was annoying as all hell to me. I returned the Tascam unit and bought the MAudio Project Mix instead

This should be a no-brainer. They should just simply commit to keep an authorization mechanism in place, which might need small modifications over the next few years, perhaps 2-3 hours of tech time per year.

We're all just stressed out because of our investment, and the possibility of great loss. But, this should be an easy fix for Tascam.

Please, Mr. Tascam, just set our stomaches at ease. We're all waiting...
    Box 1: G5 dual 1.8, Tiger, DP5, motu424, Kontakt 3
    Box 2: Windows XP (32-bit) (Pentium 4, 320 GHz, 2G-RAM) running Gigastudio3 ONLY!
    Box 3: Windows XP (64-bit) Core duo quad (q6600), 4gb ram (667 Micron) running various VI-s
    Connections: Midi-Over-LAN, Gina-16s

I wonder what the possablitites of someone buying it are. surley there are even people on the forum here that could do it, it would be great

I'm not a software expert, but if Tascam can't or won't sell Gigastudio to another company, why couldn't they, in one final gesture of goodwill to their past customers, generate and distribute a software patch which could be used by legit users to self re-authorize?

Carl

The answer is simple: They are Tascam. That's why the phrase "to tascam someone" was coined.

Just research how they treated their customers all those past years. It comes as no surprise to see what happens now.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Go Back to forum